Author Topic: Looking for beginner info.  (Read 1826 times)

jwelter

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Looking for beginner info.
« on: March 19, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »
I just moved back to the area and used to play Ultimate years ago but want to learn and participate in this sport.  Live in southern part of the KC metro area...advice on where and when to get throwing?

bbman

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for beginner info.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:08:09 AM »
Swope park, Pleasant Hill, Lee Summit are probably closes to you... Go throw anytime
Rosedale Down Under CC 2010

WrongfulLeaf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 02:26:02 PM »
When I first started playing I went to some courses close to my house and played by myself. But if I ran into a group I would say "go ahead I am new" and almost everybody asked me if I wanted to play with them. Also starting in April there is a beginners league on Tuesday nights at Rosedale Park. That is where I learned a lot about the sport and how to throw correctly. I believe that the beginners league starts at 6 but don't quote me on that.

Michael Taylor

BenC

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 08:32:35 AM »
Beginner/New Player league will officially start April 5 at Rosedale.  We will start around 5:30 and keep it at that time until the days get longer.  Unofficially there are a few people already getting together Tuesday at Rosedale around that to play.  If you would like more info give me a call, Ben Crosby 785-393-1555.

MedicineMan

• Am Poster
  • Master Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Jedis R Us
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »
WaterWorks off 9 HWY and N. Oak in Gladstone is what I normally play after I get out of work.  You can catch me there aroudn 4-430 starting.  If you are ever up there.
KCFDC #1256
PDGA #47034

May the Force be with You.