Author Topic: VCU!!!  (Read 388 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
VCU!!!
« on: March 27, 2011, 03:44:18 PM »
Shaka Smart next MU coach?   unbelievable win and what a great story for all the nay sayers thinking that CU got the shaft. 

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: VCU!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »
SUCK IT THEISS!!!

i'm bitter but will cheer for them for sure.  that's a fun team to watch and they beat up my beloved jayhawks.

if mu doesn't talk to Smart they'll never live it down.

HaterAde

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 11:28:12 PM »
Theiss, I know you're VP of Missouri and you have to be down with the PC'ness, but you couldn't throw one anti-KU jab in there? Don't worry, I've got your back! Well, not when it comes to voting for raises for teachers and other civil servants, but for talkin' smack to KU fans. You understand... ;)

:D

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »
The beauty of basketball, college or pro, is that a few good players can make a huge difference.  The "mid-majors" are starting to achieve parity with the big conferences.  Butler in the Final 4 two consecutive years plus VCU is perfect evidence of that.  Both Butler and VCU head coaches should stay right where they are.  To me it would be crazy for them to leave.  Now every good high school basketball player is going to consider going to either school.  Building up programs and leaving is usually a bad move.   

DrRyan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 04:56:06 PM »
I will take a pass on Smart.  They are running well right now but they did not play good basketball much of the season.  I fully expect the Smart hire would be a "flavor of the month" hire that MU fans would regret sooner than later.  I would much prefer Painter from Purdue but the longer that take the less likely it becomes I think.  Brad Stevens would be the grand slam hire but he is going no where right now. 
Put down your shiny new speedy driver and learn to throw the Roc!