Author Topic: Suck it, Jayhawk Fans!!!!  (Read 2405 times)

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Suck it, Jayhawk Fans!!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »
I think the real issue here is tournament selection.  CLEARLY mid-major schools can hang with the so-called "major" schools who are supposed to wipe out teams such as Butler and VCU.  I'd sure like to see some more lovin' for those of us who attend schools such as Missouri State (such as myself) who got completely screwed out of a tournament bid yet again with an RPI below 50.  I don't care if we didn't have a tough out of conference schedule, I don't care if we didn't win our conference tournament (even though we did win the outright conference season championship), I don't care if the tournament has always consisted of power schools.  The fact of the matter is, we can hang.  On any given day, any team in Division I basketball could beat another.  We see it year after year in the first round of the NCAA and each subsequent round as well.  Let's find some way to get the RIGHT teams into the tournament.  Let's establish some guidelines as to how teams get into a tournament.  Not just have a bunch of basketball "know-it-alls" who sit at a table and say yes or no as teams come across the board.   

P.S. I hate the Jayhawks, and I loved watching them lose, but I'm not going to talk trash.  Come on guys, we are disc golfers.  Let your game do the talking.  As KU saw this past week, the trash talking can always come back and bite you, hard.  So whether it's out on the course or rooting for an opposing team, keep your mouth shut, and play.  There's a thing called respect and sportsmanship that we seem to have forgotten about here...
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 02:45:56 PM »
KUs offfense strategy is as perplexing as Mike Andersons sub rotation.  

and his defensive strategy!!

good luck hawgs

That's obviously a remark made by someone that didn't have to put up with John Pelphrey and Stan Heath for the past decade.   Anderson is a big step up.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:47:57 PM by Timko »

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
I TRULY hope MU gets Smart.   :P 
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

The Big Smooth

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »
There are 64 or 63 complete losers after every NCAA tournament. Just like in the NFL there are 31 complete losers at the end of the season. In any given sport there is only one successful team at the end of the season. If your team does not win the National Championship, shut the hell up because your team is just as big a loser. There is only one team that can talk trash when this is said and done. I am from san diego and am not partial to any area team so don't start calling me a KU lover. I just love top hear people so emotionally invested in something that is absoutly meaningless and trivial. As far as who is supposed to win? The team that wins is the team thats supposed to.

Oh, sorry, if you're from San Diego then maybe you don't have to spend the entire year hearing about how good Kansas is, Kansas this, Jayhawks that, Rock Chalk... (WTF does that even mean?! It's like a 6-year-old tried to come up with something to rhyme with "Jayhawk" and that's the best they could come up with.)

Maybe you don't understand, after hearing that crap all year long, how good it feels to rub it in their faces when they pull off a choke job like they did last night. :D

I've lived here since 1992. I am not new to the area. If you let a teams fans get under your skin that much the problem is with you my friend. This is not new to me, I just understand that a person who has all of their energy in either loving a team or their fans or hating a team and all their fans must not have much of a life. I am sorry you give away your energy to every KU fan you meet but that is your choice. Choose to not let it bug you.

HaterAde

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »
Listen, Dalai, if you're so uninterested in sports and, apparently, sports takes, stay the fook out of the thread. Change the channel, keep walkin', etc. Or better yet, start your own thread on peace, tranquility, and productive energy expulsion. Maybe Al Gore will read it and offer you a real job.

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 10:23:59 AM »
Long live the KU/MU Rivalry/Border War.

To MU:
Don't go running off to another conference.
Sign a coach that we Crimson & Blue folks are able to despise. IE Norm Stewart & Queen Snyder... 
GET Chaka Smart, dammit.

I miss the old days.  >:(   

Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

HaterAde

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 10:28:02 AM »

To MU:
Don't go running off to another conference.
Sign a coach that we Crimson & Blue folks are able to despise. IE Norm Stewart & Queen Snyder... 
GET Chaka Smart, dammit.

I miss the old days.  >:(   

Hell yes. Coming from Michigan, I'll concede that even though U of M and OSU is often touted as one of the hottest rivalries in the country, a big city like KC being right on the border seems to make that rivalry pale in comparison to MU/KU. Fun times!

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 12:58:02 PM »

The rivalry is more serious than most folks in the country know or understand.  There are so many families that are houses divided and kids have there allegiances picked on their birthday.  Very similar  to families being split during the  Civil War.  It seems crazy to outsiders but the hatred runs deep and keeps things interested in our boring lives.  What else do we have to talk about the Royals? Oh wait, they have the best farm system and are rebuilding.  Like we have not heard that since  93.   

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 02:23:41 PM »
Maybe they will learn to order them AFTER the weekend of the Elite 8....silly mythical birds.....whats the saying birds of the feather flock together.......

LAWRENCE | The Kansas Jayhawks' upset loss in the NCAA tournament wasn't just heartbreaking for some Lawrence store owners — it was also a pain in the pocketbook.

When Kansas got into the Elite Eight of the tournament, Lawrence businesses that sell Jayhawk apparel pre-ordered hundreds of Final Four T-shirts. After the upset loss to VCU, those T-shirts are sitting in warehouses and store owners are trying to figure out what to do with them.

The Daily Kansan reports that the businesses can't just donate the T-shirts to charity. Some companies that make the shirts require that they be destroyed or donated outside the U.S.

Owners of Jayhawk Spirit and Jock's Nitch are trying to make contacts to ship the unwanted T-shirts overseas.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/04/07/2783214/merchants-stuck-with-ku-final.html#ixzz1Iro7ijVs
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

HaterAde

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 02:43:10 PM »
Yep, happens all the time. Next year, when we're sticking our noses in some other 3rd-world sh1thole's affairs, you just might turn on the news and see a bunch of rebel tribesmen wearing shirts depicting a KU Final Four trip that never actually happened.

I remember reading an article where, IIRC, a couple Giants fans tracked down the Patriots SB Champs shirts and traveled to whatever country they got shipped to and bought a couple off the villagers there. I can only hope to reach that level of sports-sadist awesomeness someday...