Author Topic: Anyone know what tournament this disc was from?  (Read 1725 times)

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know what tournament this disc was from?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 04:21:34 PM »
Call DGWorld (816-471-DISC) and ask Rick...he may recall when he might have had 'his' stamp put on some of those.  They would have had to ship them unstamped.

Actually you send in the artwork that you want done, and then they print it on them, its all done at the manufacturing level with the exception of the "new" custom dye process that is popular with the kids these days!

;)

You're prolly right, Jack...but that was the 20th century/dark ages back then.   :D
If this is a first run, I'll bet Rick can recall ordering a batch with his dragon-stamp.

I think it was the 2nd run Valks that were uber-flat/overstable that had a lot of flashing on them.
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 01:27:29 AM »
The dragon stamped CE Valks are all first-runs...we at DGW ran those at the time. There actually were very few first run CE Valks that had a custom stamp at all, but the Dragons are some of those. There are also some Ice Bowl CE Valks from that year that are first runs as well.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 08:49:26 AM »
Thanks for shedding some historical light, Chappy!  8)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 09:49:36 AM »
Well...and there you have it.....its a first run CE Valk...which means I want it!
:-)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 08:36:07 PM »
The dragon stamped CE Valks are all first-runs...we at DGW ran those at the time. There actually were very few first run CE Valks that had a custom stamp at all, but the Dragons are some of those. There are also some Ice Bowl CE Valks from that year that are first runs as well.

Chap

Time frame on these is probably late 2000-early 2001. I just can't remember for sure..I must be getting old. I know it's at least fall of 1999, because I started at DGW in July of 1999, and CE plastic came out after I started working there. I just don't remember if it was late 1999 or 2000. Gut feeling says it was late 2000. I played 2000 Worlds in Michigan, and I don't remember CE plastic being available yet for that tourney.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 08:45:35 PM »
Dang it...weren't first run CE mostly, if not nearly all opaque?  I see the ink through the disc in the OP's pic...did DGW order any 3rd or 3rd+ run with a Dragon-stamp???  Cuz unless it's pancake flat...............it ain't a 2nd run. 
~$0.02

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 02:18:38 PM »
That's a disc I lost. Only one of them was stamped with the Dragon designby a wayward employee at Innova (who is no longer there) as a "favor" when he was stamping a Dragon order. Not sure how long ago I lost it or where.

Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
rick@discgolfworld.com
www.discgolfworld.com

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 08:35:01 PM »
Dang it...weren't first run CE mostly, if not nearly all opaque?  I see the ink through the disc in the OP's pic...did DGW order any 3rd or 3rd+ run with a Dragon-stamp???  Cuz unless it's pancake flat...............it ain't a 2nd run. 
~$0.02

Ink bleeds through 1st and 2nd run CE discs (the most opaque of the bunch).