Author Topic: New Players League  (Read 3260 times)

BenC

New Players League
« on: April 12, 2011, 10:51:21 PM »
It was a great night for golf the park was packed and everyone playing in league had a great time.  Eight people came out to play tonight, I am sure this number will rise as the days get longer and the start time is moved back.

Ryan Keck         58
Ben Crosby        61
Miles McKee       63
Tim Mika           63
Dylan Parker      69
Andrew Walters  70
Dale Walters      75
Jim Neal            DNF

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New Players League
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:58:01 AM »
Who won the CTP?

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 04:12:08 PM »
The CTP was on hole 1, and Andrew Walters won it with a beautifully parked roller about 6 feet off the basket!!

BenC

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »
League will start at 6:00 on the 19th.  If you are playing please be there no later than 5:45 so I can get cards made and do CTP.

BenC

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 08:11:49 AM »
Five people showed up for new players league and we were joined by the two ladies that were there to play in womens league.  Ryan Keck started things off winning the CTP, played from the fly mat to the prictice tee, and then finished the night one back from the leader on a modified course 1-12 down under and holes 1 and 7-11 up top.

Miles McKee       56
Ryan Keck          57
Dylan Gonzales    62
Shane Whitaker   64
Ben Crosby         67
Yanina Langer     70
Rhonda Crosby    83

BenC

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:26:15 PM »
Five new faces joined the four regular people last night as we tried out a handicap format.  It is nice that we are averaging seven players a week but I am looking forward to the warmer/drier nights when the people that have dropped in for a night start coming back week after week.  Chris Timko posted the low score for the round but Andrew Walters left the big winner taking home the CTP and KC cash.

Chris Timko        50
Ben Crosby        50
Miles McKee       53
Brad Meyrs        54
Andrew Walters  62
Dale Walters      63
Derrick Wagner   71
Robert Carter     72
Todd West        73

A group of us will be goping to Grinders after league next week so come by and join us for both or even just one.

BenC

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 07:54:15 PM »
Only two people showed up last night on a great night for golf.  Hopefully they were playing at one of the other great courses in town.  We did end up playing a casual round with the people that came in a little late and finished the round in the dark.

BenC

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 12:56:50 PM »
If you didn't make it out to disc golf day that is too bad, it was a blast.  I have been told the baskets will remain in the short position through Tuesday.  This is the time to come out or come back to make an ace run or two.  You may not see every hole in the short setting again this season.  I am expecting to see the biggest attendance of the year Tuesday night.  Please be there no later than 5:45 so we can be going by 6:00.

BenC

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »
It will be a beautiful night for golf.  If you weren't there last week you missed out on a really good time with all short pin placements.  The course has had fairways mowed and most pins have been moved.  Come out and test the island, bring the wife, girlfriend, kids or friends it is a good time at New players League or Ladies Night Out.  We will be starting at 6:00 so please be there no later than 5:45.

BenC

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 07:40:52 AM »
It was a great night for golf the course looks great.  A fresh mow with fairways still visible on some holes. More new faces came out to join us last night.  We have had 25 different people show up for league and a total of 51 rounds thrown in the seven weeks we have been going.  The numbers might not be impressive but they are promising.  No CTP was conducted last night based on a group vote.

Ryan Keck        57
Kurt Miller         57
Brian Palmer      59
Miles McKee      60
Ben Crosby        71
Dale Walters      74
Jeff Kelly           75
Paul Smith         77
Andrew Walters  82

BenC

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
New players league is starting to grow.  More new faces are showing up to play with the people that come back every week.  Last night we mixed it up a little bit and played some down under and up top.  Next week maybe some doubles but not for sure yet.  Ryan Keck had the low score for the night and left with tag 12.  Yes, we do play for tags.  Dylon Gonzales left with a shirt for CTP.

Ryan Keck          52
Chris Timko         56
Rich L                56
Ian Hill               58
Brandon Deerr     60
David Miller         62
Dylon Gonzales    65
Ben Crosby         66
Roger Oman        70
Mary Walters      73
Andrew Walters   73
Dale Walters       75   

BenC

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 08:17:37 AM »
New players league continues to grow, last week there were 16 players and this week 14.  There have been 107 rounds played this year and it looks like we will break 200 for the year.  The longest day of the year just happened to be last night and we took advantage of that.  The course was not set up totally long but there were some challenges for the players.  In addition to the regular setup we played 16 from the long pad and 18 to the practice basket in the long setting.  Miles Mckee had the low score for the night but Nate Carter won the CTP played from the skate park sidewalk to the practice basket by the tennis courts.

Miles Mckee        60
Brandon Deerr      61
Nate Carter         65
Chris Sheridan      66
Dylon Gonzales     66
Josh Rice            69
Drue Allison         71
Rich Latimer        73
Coleman Ebrite     76
Cody Warren       79
Dale Walters        80
Robert Carter       84
Andrew Walters    85
Kevin                 DNF

BenC

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 02:41:26 PM »
I need someone to step in to run New Players League on Tuesday Night please.  I was just called in for state emergency duty and don't know when I will get released from that.  please give me a call if you can do this. 785-393-1555.  Thanks Ben.

pstahl

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 03:37:10 PM »
Is this league still taking place on Tuesday nights?   

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 04:59:20 PM »
That is a great question.  i tell all new players i meet about it.  I started at the top of the thread around an April post and was enjoying reading Ben's posts.  Then got a little disappointed when i got to June and "bam" gone, good bye, no more, see you later.  The post were almost like reading a Dan Coffman post where you feel like you were there after reading it.