Author Topic: New Players League  (Read 3252 times)

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New Players League
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 07:29:53 PM »
He is still meeting there I believe.  I'll know that answer before Tues. if not before.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

BenC

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 10:18:12 AM »
The league is still going, I was called away on a military thing and results were not posted.  I am back and getting things running smooth again.  We are still going strong at 6:00 on Tuesday Night.  Ten people came out and enjoyed the heat Tuesday night a little drop from when I left but still a decent turn out.  I have tracked 120 rounds in 12 weeks this year with the high week having 16 players.  This weeks hot round was Brandon Deerr with a score of 50 dropping his average down to 58.  Most people left before we had a chance to do CTP.

Brandon Deerr      50
Nate Carter         53
Russell Beadle      54  first week, new to area from Manhatten
Dylon Gonzales     55
Josh Kiehl           56
Rich Latimer        59
Drue Allison         60
Ben Crosby         60
Dale Walters       65
Paul Smith          70

Please don't let the scores influence your decision to come out and join us.  New Players is not just about new to disc golf but also new to our area.  If I am not running league, I can usually be found around the course working on something, but that is for a different thread.

BenC

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 12:44:27 PM »
It was another great turn out at New Players League last night.  Five new faces joined the 11 returning players to match the season high for people at league.  Scores ranged from lower 50s’ to higher 80s’ and everyone had a great time on one of the cooler nights we’ve had.  Steven Morrill came out for the first time last night and left with CTP.  A discussion was started last night to move league to Swope for a night to get a change of scenery and let some people to try out a different course in town.  It was received with positive feed back so on August 9th we will be playing Swope for a night.

Chris Timko      53
Miles McKee      53
Brandon Deerr      56
Rich Latimer      57
Drue Allison      60
Josh Kiehl      61
Russell Beadle                62
Burt         64
Sam Levorson      64
Ben Crosby      65
Steven Morrill      65
Andrew Walters                68
Dale Walters      70
Jake Peterson      72
Chris Bowers      75
Adam         88

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
Ben, great idea.  If it goes over well, maybe that could be an option for the future like a weekly rotation-first of the month tuesday rosie, followed by swope, then rosie etc.

The reason why i am suggesting this is because when i talk to some newbies on the EJC side they do not seem that intersted in driving to Kansas.  So Swope is a great central place for new players on the eastern side.  Plus you get a lot of casual players at Swope(that might be interested and do not know) that you might be able to pick up and get involved in the league. 

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 02:49:46 PM »
The other great thing about Tuesday at Swope is the non-sanctioned doubles there every Tuesday! Join the double league on that Tuesday. It'd be fun for all, not just the new players.
E
Good input John T.

BenC

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 10:04:15 AM »
The heat finally took its toll on New Players League last night.  Only five people showed up to play with the temperature at 109 degrees at tee off.  Four of the people there had a good time the one hold out was Bert who cut his leg up falling on broken bottles in the trees off eight fairway.  He just cleaned it off with his beer, from a can, wrapped it up with a rag and finished the round.
Next week, on the 9th, we will be at Swope for league.  There will be a free clinic at 5:30, this is the correct time, with local pro and Innova Disc ambassador Duane “CD” Steiner.  Come out and join the fun and pick up some tips that will improve your game.

Ben Crosby           57
Drue Allison           60
Bert Boettcher      62
Andrew Walters     75
Dale Walters         77

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 12:09:45 PM »
I posted this today at Swope.

5:30 Free clinic
6:00 ish start
Short course
No OB's
Mandos in force

Let me know if you deem otherwise

SlimSwoper
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 09:33:15 PM »
I will be out at Swope as well to help anyone with driving questions.

BenC

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 08:27:14 AM »
A season high 17 people were out for league last night pushing the total rounds played to 200 for the year.  A 5:45 start meant the last card was finishing just before the last light of the day.  Ryan Keck had the low score with a 54.  Next week we will be starting at 5:30 at Swope with another mini clinic by local pro and Dynamic Discs Pete Cashen.  We will be meeting by hole 1.

Ryan Keck                 54
Brandon Deere          59
Bob Walker                59
Ben Crosby               60
Burt Boettcher           61
Ed                              61
Chris Timko                63
Jeremy Klempnauer   65
Coleman Ebrite          65
Dylon Gonzales         68
Dale Walters             69
Andrew Walters        72
Todd Hall                   76
Cody Broom              76

Three people didn't want their score posted.

BenC

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 12:51:26 PM »
12 people were at New Players League last night with rolling starts where the last card of threesomes started at 5:30, handicaps and a couple surprise guests lead to an interesting night at Rosedale.  A lot of the fun was had on the course but just as much at the picnic tables were a few people were just hanging out.  It was a treat to watch Catrina Allen and Paul Ulibarri come out to throw a few holes.

Brandon D.     55
Ed H.               56
Drue A.           56
Tony D.           56
Rhonda C.       57
Andrew W.     58
Russell B.       59
Nate C.           59
Mary W.         60
Cody B.          63
Dylon G.         64
Kyle K.           68