Author Topic: Help needed at Water Works on a small project  (Read 923 times)

HaterAde

Help needed at Water Works on a small project
« on: April 20, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »
I'm sure everyone knows about the pile of dead wood that was placed just after #13's long pin to help curb the soil erosion. The one you step over as you walk to #14's pad.

Anyway, I'm looking to get a crew together to help create a nicer erosion barrier and some steps out of the rocks I've already got staged just to the east of #14's pad. Basically we just need to cut a path through the pile of dead wood, and replace the cut-out section with the rocks. The rocks I have up there are the flat yellowish ones you see used in landscaping and will blend in well with the rest of the park's surroundings. I'm hoping our finished product will be both a permanent fixture and safer to walk over than what is currently in place.

I have a chainsaw, pick axe, and shovel I can bring. An extra shovel or two would probably help, and any volunteers should also bring a pair of work gloves if you have them.

If interested, please call or text me at 8one6-59zero-8925 or just post up here in this thread. I'd like to try to get something going one morning this weekend (4/23-4/24), so let me know if you're available. Thanks and take care for now.

-Keizer

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed at Water Works on a small project
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »
what shift are you working, can't do it this week end but  could help you during the week or next saturday.....................................union pay for saturday of course

HaterAde

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 07:13:41 PM »
Still stuck on 2nd shift, Mark. I am free mornings but figured most everyone is free weekend mornings. We don't have to do it this weekend, but if I don't get any volunteers I might just grab my buddy Dave who helped me do the rock stairs leading to #6's pad at Cliff Drive. Either way, I would like to have it done in time for Wide Open.

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:47:27 PM »
well let me know if you want to start it during the week,just can't do it this weekend

HaterAde

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 10:24:07 AM »
Neenan and myself are planning to be there tomorrow (Friday) at 9am if anyone would care to join us.
Especially if you've never been in on a course project, we'd love to have you come out and lend a hand.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 02:16:50 PM »
 :-*
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

HaterAde

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 02:28:19 PM »
Your Chickenhawks might be doing a little of that tonight, Jackalowe!

Ash

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 04:48:35 PM »
Neenan and myself are planning to be there tomorrow (Friday) at 9am if anyone would care to join us.
Especially if you've never been in on a course project, we'd love to have you come out and lend a hand.

Likes like crap weather in the morning. If it ends up being ok I will probably be there to help.
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 11:45:17 PM »
Hmm! Just so happens I'm off tomorrow.
Don't have a shovel or pick-axe
Steven Disc Glover

HaterAde

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 07:00:53 AM »
Too much rain last night, we will not be there this morning after all.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 09:48:30 AM »
I hoped you called it off.

Steven Disc Glover

tla06

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 09:52:01 PM »
I'm sure everyone knows about the pile of dead wood that was placed just after #13's long pin to help curb the soil erosion. The one you step over as you walk to #14's pad.

Anyway, I'm looking to get a crew together to help create a nicer erosion barrier and some steps out of the rocks I've already got staged just to the east of #14's pad. Basically we just need to cut a path through the pile of dead wood, and replace the cut-out section with the rocks. The rocks I have up there are the flat yellowish ones you see used in landscaping and will blend in well with the rest of the park's surroundings. I'm hoping our finished product will be both a permanent fixture and safer to walk over than what is currently in place.

I have a chainsaw, pick axe, and shovel I can bring. An extra shovel or two would probably help, and any volunteers should also bring a pair of work gloves if you have them.

If interested, please call or text me at 8one6-59zero-8925 or just post up here in this thread. I'd like to try to get something going one morning this weekend (4/23-4/24), so let me know if you're available. Thanks and take care for now.

-Keizer
Sure hope you're thinking of putting the steps around the left side of the cottonwood.  In addition to erosion control, one line of thinking was to allow that 'hole' to grow over (or plant shrubs) to block the view of #14 bench.
I'm available tomorrow morning for a couple hours.  Call me if you go 816 550-9122
Terry
Wind??  What wind??

HaterAde

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 07:41:40 AM »
Sure hope you're thinking of putting the steps around the left side of the cottonwood.  In addition to erosion control, one line of thinking was to allow that 'hole' to grow over (or plant shrubs) to block the view of #14 bench.
I'm available tomorrow morning for a couple hours.  Call me if you go 816 550-9122
Terry

Hey Terry! I had not heard about blocking the current path off, and Neenan did not mention it either the other night. It does sound like a good idea to block the view of #14's pad from #13. The easiest way would probably be with shrubs. Bill and I also talked about making a border on the downhill side of the long placement on #13 and just filling it all in with mulch. We'll figure something out.