Author Topic: DownUnder  (Read 1285 times)

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
DownUnder
« on: April 29, 2011, 08:35:30 PM »
Hey everyone that plays Rosedale and Downunder we need some help cleaning up the DU course. The next time you play one of these courses in the next week please adopt a hole and bring a trash bag with you and just get as much as you can haul out of there. It doesn't have to be done all at once but a bunch of people will put a dent in it. Lets show the masses what the club can do when we put our minds and back into it. I will be there this weekend and will get the two hardest holes to get to. Please drop the bags by a barrel up top and the Parks will get them from there.
Thanks for the effort KC!
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: DownUnder
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
Be careful...not only do the inconsiderate bring in bottles to the park and not take them back out, many of them must think it's cool to slam them in the trash can, breaking them to pieces.

I have seen several helpers, including myself, doing this very same task, get cut all to sh!t bringing these up from Down Under. Wear some jeans and take extra bags to help contain all the shards. Gloves are a must as well!

DcW  >:(
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 05:47:20 AM by Dan Weinert »
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 11:34:38 PM »
Pete
I'll be there and see if Buckle can help.

Are we having the DUI this year?
Steven Disc Glover

bbman

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 06:51:24 AM »
I will be doing this as well.... I have plenty of large bags to make this happen. Also be very careful the amount of glass in these trash cans is unbelievable.....
Rosedale Down Under CC 2010

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »
We made a dent in it today! I'll be there on Sunday May 1st with a cart to help get the bags up and out of there. Thank you to those that showed up toady and helped. And I'll see you all on Sunday.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »
8 bags got filled. Holes 10,11 and 12 are empty. Hole 14 has a small dent made.
People its serious down there. The trash barrels are over flowing.
We normally have it cleaned out by now for DUI but since that didn't happen it didn't get done.

Hole 16's trash was dumped down the hill. We need a chain system like hole 11.

Without the use of a transport device it was a pain taking it all the way by hand.
I got help with 3 bags getting carried and 1 bag got filled by a group of casuals on 14.
Thank you Dan Zink
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:36:10 PM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 10:23:21 AM »
Here's a prepared response you should use next time someone on the course asks who you are affiliated with: I, don glover, am acting according to my own free will and am not associated nor affiliated with any group, business, or organization other than the Glover family, and I apologize ahead of time for any time you might have or will spend in my presence.

Also, for the small cut I recommend some neosporin and a band-aid. Ad for the inability to feed or bathe yourself due to a cramping arm, I recommend a frontal laboromy and/or a visit to your neighborhood obgyn.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 11:05:03 AM »
Here's a prepared response you should use next time someone on the course asks who you are affiliated with: I, dong lover, am acting according to my own free will and am not associated nor affiliated with any group, business, or organization other than the Glover family, and I apologize ahead of time for any time you might have or will spend in my presence.

Also, for the small cut I recommend some neosporin and a band-aid. Ad for the inability to feed or bathe yourself due to a cramping arm, I recommend a frontal laboromy and/or a visit to your neighborhood obgyn.

fixed your post.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 01:22:06 PM »
Thanks for the help Charlie!
Steven Disc Glover

bbman

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 09:49:01 AM »
Thanks goes out to all the people who helped with the trash Down Under. It looked great...... I replaced all the locks yesterday on all the baskets so there is only one key for everything now in stead of 3.
Rosedale Down Under CC 2010

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 11:20:47 AM »
Great job guys.

What holes still need attention?
Steven Disc Glover

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 09:55:16 PM »
Great job guys.

What holes still need attention?

Glover this is a family forum keep that filthy talk at home (which is probably in yo mama's basement)

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 06:39:59 PM »
There are still a few holes on the back nine that need attention this weekend so please go play a round and take a bag and fill it up on your way out.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 12:14:42 AM »
Each container takes 3 bags to empty if you want to make it easier to carry out.
I was stuffing them into 2 bags and found that pretty freakin heavy
But the cotractor grade bags do the trick well.
Steven Disc Glover