Author Topic: New course going in Lenexa  (Read 528 times)

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
New course going in Lenexa
« on: March 09, 2006, 11:29:46 PM »
Any rumors you may have heard about a brand new course in Lenexa ARE TRUE.  I talked with the man in charge of coordinating the new park, and it's a done deal.  He hopes to have it in the ground THIS SUMMER!!!  I'm going to meet with him very soon and discuss preliminary plans and take a visit out to the park site.  He doesn't want anybody going out there  to look around without being accompanied by Lenexa Parks and Rec personnel since it's still under construction and not opened to the public yet.  They have earmarked plenty of funds and want to make it a world class disc golf course.  After the club members come up with a course design they are going to have a pro disc golf course designer come in and give a final tweaking/approval (don't know who that is yet).  A few years ago I got a letter at my house telling me that a new park was being planned for an area just west of 83rd street and Quivira.  The letter invited me (a nearby resident) to go to a town planning meeting to present any ideas I might have.  Jake Carmack and myself went to the meeting and saw this great big map of a different park that was even better suited for a disc golf course.  We made a presentation and struck a good repore with a few of the heads of Lenexa Parks and Rec, long story short a few years later we're getting a new course in Lenexa.  I'll try and keep everyone posted to what's happening.  This is a really good day for disc golf in the Kansas CIty metro area. :D  :D  :D  :D