Author Topic: Visiting STL  (Read 747 times)

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Visiting STL
« on: May 26, 2011, 03:48:59 PM »
I should probably post this in their forum, but too bad. Everyone around here knows everything, anyway.

If I can play 1 course while in STL this weekend, what should it be? My current, uninformed choice is Endicott.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
Re: Visiting STL
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
there's a ton of courses, check their forum and try to make a league<try the travelling lakers league thread>, if you can only play one endo or jb are great, if you're north try sioux passage, if you're girl watching go to creve coeur
espouse elucidation

dogundertheporch

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »
Sioux passage is a great course,but I like the Creve couer better but the grass is never mowed. The last time I played there it was the tallest grass I ever played in. You shouldn't have to worry bout that with sioux passage.

kchippie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 05:42:38 PM »
I played Jefferson Barracks it was a great course.  Had some real interesting holes.  Had a lot of fun with the locals, very friendly.  Grass was short but it was Nov. so probably wasn't growing.  Play them all!?
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my brand new disc the most.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »
JB is fun, endicott is like sending someone to Rosedale.  Sioux passage is long, Creve Couer is slightly long and flat and boring compared to Sioux & JB for me personally......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 07:09:59 AM »
JB is fun, endicott is like sending someone to Rosedale.  Sioux passage is long, Creve Couer is slightly long and flat and boring compared to Sioux & JB for me personally......

I'll second that!
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 12:45:44 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Looks like I'll try to hit up JB. I only have time for one, unfortunately :-/

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 04:15:04 PM »
i believe there is still a sunday nooner doubles league at JB, look out fore my brother!
espouse elucidation

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 05:51:35 PM »
. Everyone around here knows everything, anyway.

Thats funny stuff right there!!!!!

MedicineMan

• Am Poster
  • Master Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Jedis R Us
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 02:29:50 PM »
here's a post i made on STLDGC that might help with suggestions on courses:

http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1341

KCFDC #1256
PDGA #47034

May the Force be with You.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 10:54:23 PM »
I really can't believe people recommend West City in Festus so often.  It basically sucks...3 really long holes, 5 somewhat Cliff Drive like, 2 in woods over a hill, and the rest open field.  And, the Cliff Drive-like holes and the open field ones are flooded a lot of the time.  Don't waste your time on it...JB Endicott and Sioux Passage are all solid, CC is flat and long and boring as Jack said, but will challenge your straight and long game, and yes, the view across the street is amazing.  Sioux is sort of Water Works on steriods, longer with more open hills.  It plays somewhere between WW and BV.  Endicott is, as was said, a lot like Rosedale in that it's busy, but it's a more difficult course than it seems at first.  Lots of trees and tight shots, with a couple really nice open holes as well.  Nothing too long, but challenging.  It's basically Nikko's home course, since he has family just a few doors down. 
Quail Ridge is just of 64/40, just east of the 70 merge.  It's a wonderful course, they now have 3 tees marked on most holes.  The short tees are fun, but the longers are fun and a PITA.  It's so far from South County that I don't get there often, except when driving to or from KC.

Anyone who comes this way, give a holler to me.  I'm trying to play more, and succeeding for the most part.  The only 18 hole course I really don't care to play often is Creve Coeur.  JB has nooner on Sunday, Creve Coeur an open league Wednesdays, Endicott open league on Mondays, and most of the others are true leagues, not just minis.  That sort of sucks. 
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!