Author Topic: Work out Opportunity on Sunday May 29  (Read 1190 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Work out Opportunity on Sunday May 29
« on: May 27, 2011, 11:54:12 AM »
I understand that some workers from Eddie Bauer have decided to adopt Cliff Drive as part of their community involvement activities.  I know that there are already days planned at Waterworks, so please go and help there first.  But if you have a chance they are going to be working solely on the right side of #12 cleaning up as much as they can.  I realize that the area is horrible riddled with trash but anything is going to help.  During the Wide Open that part will be considered OB....but people will throw it there, so.....lets have it as cleaned as we can and with the help, YEA!

Thanks for reading!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

HaterAde

Re: Work out Opportunity on Sunday May 29
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 03:07:17 PM »
Wow, so how many people are they bringing? Seems it would take an army to make any sort of noticeable difference in the amount of trash on that hillside.

Kudos to these folks for their efforts, nonetheless. It's nice to hear that others are interested in helping to improve things at Cliff.

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 01:31:04 PM »
My guess is 'GuinnessSmurf' has something to do with this, Ryan?
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 03:18:19 PM »
Yesterday, a team of about 10 Eddie Bauer employees (and myself) took about 25 bags of garbage out from #12's hillside.   Only 2 injuries!   Honestly, you'd need an army of people to completely clean that area.   We concentrated our efforts on the first 30 feet of the hill between the pink stake to about 40 feet past the pin.  We found caches of stuff that is nastier than I'd like to describe.  Hahaha.   Amazingly enough, no one wimped out.  I expected the Eddie Bauer team to see how bad the situation was and just give up.  Instead, everyone kept hiking up the muddy hillside with heavy bags of garbage. 

We were only there for about 2.5 hours.   Then it was dark and we opted to head out. 

Jack, I still have a mess of Parks & Rec garbage bags.  Want me to bring them back to DGW?  Can I keep a few of them?  I'd like to take them with me when I play Down Under to empty the garbage cans.
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 03:29:42 PM »
Yesterday, a team of about 10 Eddie Bauer employees (and myself) took about 25 bags of garbage out from #12's hillside.   Only 2 injuries!   Honestly, you'd need an army of people to completely clean that area.   We concentrated our efforts on the first 30 feet of the hill between the pink stake to about 40 feet past the pin.  We found caches of stuff that is nastier than I'd like to describe.  Hahaha.   Amazingly enough, no one wimped out.  I expected the Eddie Bauer team to see how bad the situation was and just give up.  Instead, everyone kept hiking up the muddy hillside with heavy bags of garbage. 

We were only there for about 2.5 hours.   Then it was dark and we opted to head out. 

Jack, I still have a mess of Parks & Rec garbage bags.  Want me to bring them back to DGW?  Can I keep a few of them?  I'd like to take them with me when I play Down Under to empty the garbage cans.

this is really awesome.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »
Every bit helps for sure...by all means keep the bags for down under you need, then take whatever you can back to ricks...okr bring em out to cliff drive this weekend again as I plan on doing quite a bit of work out there this week.

Thank you so much for your help!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »
Let me know when you're heading to Cliff.   I would love to get a crack at the first 100 feet of hole #1.

David E

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 01:14:20 PM »
ryan - you rock!
www.flhw.org

Dan Z.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 01:17:36 PM »
Well I skipped the gym today and headed for Cliff. Ron Klien=mo and myself were in weed-whackin heaven. Touched up 3,4,5.....and 6 was the worst of all. So I revved her up and tore into it like a wild man. Looks alot better than it did. Prolly could use more work on 6.  So when your shufflin down that nice clean fairway- remember that someone worked pretty hard to make that happen. The Wide Open is shaping up nicely! Go get your karma.  
DZ

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 01:44:40 PM »
Well I skipped the gym today and headed for Cliff. Ron Klien=mo and myself were in weed-whackin heaven. Touched up 3,4,5.....and 6 was the worst of all. So I revved her up and tore into it like a wild man. Looks alot better than it did. Prolly could use more work on 6.  So when your shufflin down that nice clean fairway- remember that someone worked pretty hard to make that happen. The Wide Open is shaping up nicely! Go get your karma.  

Where's the "Like" button for this?  8)  And all of the other work that's happening as well!
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 01:57:52 PM »
Where's the "Like" button for this?  8)  And all of the other work that's happening as well!

----
|Like|
  ----

Best I could do on, um, short notice. Thanks all!

Off to school...
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

HaterAde

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 08:56:35 PM »
ryan - you rock!

Yeah, plus infinity! Ryan, big thanks to you and the entire EB team. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!!!

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 10:58:50 AM »

David E

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 11:03:32 AM »
www.flhw.org

Brad Lenheim

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »
Not to sound stupid but the extra basket on Hole 11 will be removed before the tourney right. Played there last weekend and was confused. Threw at the tree basket cause you can't see the one around the corner. Why are there some many extra baskets on Cliff? I get that the hanging basket is hard to remove. but there are three additional baskets between holes 18,11,1/2?