Author Topic: IVY BOMB  (Read 428 times)

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
IVY BOMB
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:42:19 PM »
John, Bj, and I threw down on some IVY today. Short notice but gave most of the course a dose.

P-hill dudes need to step up and start hitting their course down there. The tourny is in a few weeks and there is a ton of Ivy down there.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 05:46:56 PM by Eric »

paganscum

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: IVY BOMB
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:07:14 PM »
Don't throw your disc into it
If it harm none,
do what you will.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:24:13 AM »
that is good advice and you will shoot well if you stay in the fairways.  however, Young was cut out of an overgrown timber stand.  So there are places that were cleared with large machinery, plowed, seeded, boom sprayed, sprayed again and again by volunteers using hand held sprayers, and you will still find ivy.  mother nature is fierce and the ivy out there had a serious choke hold in certain spots.  the root systems are so dense and spread out that it just takes forever to really kill the whole plant and not just the leaves. 

sound judgment, but i wish it were that easy to eradicate the stuff.  TJ Ring suggested the club buys goats and we fence off certain areas.  I am about ready to initiate that idea. 

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 08:53:49 AM »

sound judgment, but i wish it were that easy to eradicate the stuff.  TJ Ring suggested the club buys goats and we fence off certain areas.  I am about ready to initiate that idea. 

Alright, weed control and fertilizer!   ;D
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695