Author Topic: 6-22-11 league  (Read 669 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
6-22-11 league
« on: June 23, 2011, 08:25:30 AM »
12 open players
11 adv

New players to league last night:
Peirson-high school kid BS
Matt Fox
Anothy Brusnberg
Tom Butler
Deano
Casey Fluty-from Wichita
Kevin Corbet

Perfect night for golf.  Course is set tough in most of  the tournament designed placements. Most scores reflected the par 58.  However, there were some super hot rounds.  Slim tour it up with a 51, Hefner a 56, and Gary Lewis playing great with a 57 (had two boogies) hanging in there with the young overhand guns.   Tom V took adv with  64, BP  a 66, Bill The TD Shinoski 68. 

James Cram flicked hole 10 in the straight gap and water skipped it across-killer!  Casey Flutey nailed a 90 footer in the thick  rough on 18 to end the round.  Didn't hear of any great shots but with thumber boys, but you know there were some sick shots to shot under par.  Birdie holes for us mortal throwers-# 3L, 5L, 6Hill, 8, 11Straight,14straight, 16l,  17S.  Birdie holes for the thumber players-(most of the previous holes listed plus)  #2 long, 7 L, 9to the R, 12 L.

slim 51
Hefner 56
Gary Lewis 57
Kevin Corbet 58
Matt Hayes 62
Chris Buckley 62
John Theiss 62
Jay Cram 64
Tom Butler 66
BJ Font  72
Deano  74

Adv
Tom V 64
Briam Palmer 66
Bill S  68
Paul Lewis 70
Anthony Brunsberg 70
Sean Chancellor 73
Matt Fox  75
Will Love 75
Kevin Weiss  75
Pierson 81
Fawn  85

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 6-22-11 league
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:49:47 AM »
Me & Deano's first time there.

I have to say I think it's a really kewl course. 

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 10:13:24 AM »

kewl, awesome and a complete suck job all at the same time.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 10:18:54 AM »
Will, 75 doesn't suck much more than 66, but yeh.  ;D

We need to include this course in the wide open next year in my opinion.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 10:43:55 AM »

glad you enjoyed the course tom.  john and the city/volunteers have really carved us out a gem in blue springs. 

kudos to theiss for his vision and drive for the east side of KC.  he's a modest guy and will never take any credit, but his tireless efforts are always noticed, at least by me.  every city that loves disc golf could use someone like him, not only for the courses/events, but for his continuous dedication to getting kids/adults outside and playing disc golf!

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »

glad you enjoyed the course tom.  john and the city/volunteers have really carved us out a gem in blue springs. 

kudos to theiss for his vision and drive for the east side of KC.  he's a modest guy and will never take any credit, but his tireless efforts are always noticed, at least by me.  every city that loves disc golf could use someone like him, not only for the courses/events, but for his continuous dedication to getting kids/adults outside and playing disc golf!

absolutely true! 

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 11:25:40 AM »
Will, 75 doesn't suck much more than 66, but yeh.  ;D

We need to include this course in the wide open next year in my opinion.

I am glad that you enjoyed the course Tom, thank you.  I think that many players in KC that have not traveled outside of the Midwest fail to appreciate a technical, shot placement, navigate, risk reward woods course.  Plus i wanted Young to get some play and why should folks drive to BS from JOCO to play another wide open course? We got plenty of wide open in KC.  Luckily for the KCFDC, Blue Springs Parks and Rec are tremendous partners to have and they listened to the clubs recommendations.   They spent a ton of money, time and resources out there to do the project right.  How many other parks departments have a forestry cutter on site for over 2 months.  Many would probably figure that a dozer could do all that work faster and cheaper.  They are awesome allies and i am really sad to see Roscoe Righter, the Director of P&R,  retire this year.  

Young being a KCWO course would be great for the city and they would be very appreciative if they were selected.  

If you are impressed with the park and recs comittment to the course Tom, please send an email to creed@bluespringsgov.com about the course.  They appreciate the feedback and everyone likes to be recognized for doing a good job.