Author Topic: Beaver Creek First Play  (Read 642 times)

Mook

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Beaver Creek First Play
« on: June 26, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
Even without tee pads, this course is great right now! If you were going to wait on the whole complex to get finished before you check it out, you are missing some good golf.

I am a little worried about the water holes being playable on the weekends due to the non-golfing public. We had to skip one, safari one, and sort of play around some folks on another. That being said, bring your trunks cause that water looked REALLY good at the end of the round!

But overall, it was a fun time and I can't wait to get back and play it again (and also try the other one).

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Beaver Creek First Play
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 08:24:51 PM »
It usually isn't that busy but this is the busy time of the year for Little Platte in general.  I was out there today and noticed the abundance of people.  8-9 months of the year it is all disc golf.  This is busy time for the lake though.  Just remember it is a multi use park and hopefully everyone can learn to play nice together.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 08:56:09 PM »
Lot of peeps hang around Beaver #1- I just yell and wave until they see me...then proceed to throw like normal.

Like Mr. Parker said, it not 100% percent our area and we must all play nice together. 
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 10:16:23 AM »
I played a couple weeks ago there. Fun course. We talked to some people who were lounging in the water. I hopped in fully clothed too, and it was great. Some really neat holes out there. Thanks!

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 04:35:08 PM »
I really enjoy this course. The tall rough has consumed 2 of my discs though.. Do they mow the rough every now and then, or does it just grow wild until the fall? The water holes are awesome and I can't wait to play it when some sweet tee pads go in! Great work getting this awesome complex on it's way to being a glorious place.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 04:36:35 PM »
It kind of grows wild til fall though slowly buy surely we nudge them toward a little wider of fairways. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist