Author Topic: Endicott Open/Global Tourney (St Louis)  (Read 1579 times)

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Endicott Open/Global Tourney (St Louis)
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:33:55 PM »
August 20-21, the B-Tier Endicott Open will be part of the PDGA's Global DG Tournament. 

So far there are 15 events, including in New Zealand, Japan, and England.  There's a global payout in addition to the local payout, so you can win twice.  There's also a healthy pool of USDGC spots up for grabs.

More to come soon, but

http://www.pdga.com/pdga-global-disc-golf-tournament

has more details about how it all works.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Endicott Open/Global Tourney (St Louis)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:47:21 PM »
Have to play 3 rounds......and I don't see it happening in the Lion's Den weekend, I already yelled at Chuck for picking this date when he started it........I was going to try to get in a regular round, and mini round as counting...but Nay I was told, and it has to be 3 rounds....I mean really, how many events are only 2 rounds.....I still don't see the logic, and the logic of the ratings system where it is skewed by the sampling of players is not something that wil be taken into account either.......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 05:22:01 PM »
And, now that Am Worlds is over and faulty email addresses have been corrected,
[b]REGISTRATION IS OPEN for the Endicott Open/Global Disc Golf Tournament[/b]
register at

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1311694613

or you can get there through the PDGA website,  http://www.pdga.com/tour_schedule

Field is limited to 72 overall players, regardless of divisions.  Only the divisions listed elsewhere in
this thread will be opened, but anyone can play in any division for which they qualify (meaning, age restrictions and/or pro/am)  3 players required to open an eligible division.

Let's get this puppy FILLED!

I'm still working on prizes for CTP, Putting, etc competitions. 
$5 Ace Fund for the WHOLE tournament, 100% payout among all aces.  If you prefer, you can pay for the Ace Fund at sign in on the Saturday morning.

I'm hoping to have a new challenge side event on Sunday only, but no guarantees on that.  More if it develops. 
Let's have fun, and get some Kansas City names into the GLOBAL pay lists!  There are USDGC spots up for grabs, not many and they won't be easy to get.
The top 30 players among all divisions, who exceed their rating by the most in the global competition and have not yet qualified, will receive invites to compete in the 2011 USDGC.
All of that information is available at
 http://www.pdga.com/pdga-global-disc-golf-tournament

This is a first-time event of its kind, hard to say what it will become in the future.  There are talks about a similar thing for other AM catagories later, and for other variations on this theme in the future. 

Be a part of  disc golf HISTORY!

steve
Bluebird ROCKS!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »
orr.......stay local and visit Cliff Drive on the Lion's Den Open.... :P

I told Chuck its a bad weekend to try to do something against my B-day......If he would have done one round, I would have made it so.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 05:52:39 PM »
Why would anyone within a 300 mile radius dare to compete with jack lowe's birthday? Foolish.

As for the actual point of this thread, sounds cool, steve. I'm in st Louis now, how much does it cost? I've only played Jeff barracks so far, but I've been planning on getting out to endicott.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 06:03:37 PM »
Don't get me wrong, its a totally ok idea, I just hated when Chuck announced it that he planned it on my birthday weekend.  The fact that it has to b 3 rounds made it tough.....  I was wanting to make the LDO part of this, why wouldnt I want to have the LDO as a WORLD event?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 11:35:58 PM »
Jack, it's 3 rounds over 2 days.  Could've been 1 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday. 

Kevin, it's all on the website.  I think Ams are $55 and $50, Pros $65 (don't quote me, I'm the TD, not a memory bank...).  $25 of pro entry goes to global payout, $15 of am entry to the players pack.  I hope it's as good an event as it should be, I had offered to HELP run it, but suddenly I'm the TD.  um...yeah....

Endicott is sort of Rosedale, with a lot of Cliff Drive 1-6 thrown in.  Some pretty tight shots, a few wide open, lots of trees, somewhat crowded in places.  If you want to head there sometime, holler to me eupher61(at)hotmail.com  It's a decent hot weather course, plenty of shade most of the way through.  When it's cooler, you gotta hit Sioux Passage---not as long as BV but the hills more than make up for it.  I'm not sure if the BAC is going to happen this year, but 3 rounds at Sioux Passage, playing the B then A then C placements....yikes!

Do you live in the South County area?  I'm in Arnold, basically.   If you have any interest, get involved in the club, we need people with GOOD ideas about how things can be done.  Encouraging fun would be a huge help...

steve

Bluebird ROCKS!

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:25:05 AM »
I'm just north of forest park, but I'll give you a shout when this heat dissipates somewhat.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 04:26:27 PM »
Jack, it's 3 rounds over 2 days.  Could've been 1 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday. 

I can usually barely move after the LDO the next day, so the idea of 2-days was the problem.  If it was even 2 rounds, I was willing to count 1-round on the big course and then 1-round of mini..... ??? :o ;D  TO meet the requirement.  You have B-Tiers that are only 1-day so the idea of 3-rounds seemed a little much to me in all honesty as well....

Overall though hopefully this first year works out ok for him!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 09:48:58 AM »
Just a reminder:  The Global Disc Golf Tournament is PRE REG only.  Late entries WILL NOT be accepted; the deadline is 7pm CDT August 18. 

The Endicott Open is a B-Tier, but you have a whole new way of cashing--the global pool.  And, 30 USDGC spots will be offered to those who qualify.  Details on the GDGT page  http://www.pdga.com/pdga-global-disc-golf-tournament
Bluebird ROCKS!

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 10:32:55 PM »

NEWS FLASH from Global Disc Golf Tournament HQ!
Ams can sign up Saturday morning from about 8-10am. Play starts at 11, player's meeting at 1030. Pre reg will shut down at 7 CDT Thursday as indicated earlier.

PROs must still preregister by 7pm THIS THURSDAY. NO LATE REGISTRATIONS FOR PRO PLAYERS.

Exception: An MPO or FPO player with a rating under 970, or Pro Master with a rating under 935, can play as Amateurs. This is a B Tier tournament, so it's allowed--no cash payout though. This does mean that pros who want to play Am, and meet those specific criteria, can register Saturday morning.
Bluebird ROCKS!

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 09:15:43 AM »
congrats to Nikko in open, and George Smith in masters! winning globally!!
espouse elucidation

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 09:32:11 AM »
Wow, big turn out in Open  ???
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 09:42:29 AM »
not in st louis, but hey, this is the birth of one big baby. next step is the intergalactic challenge, you know those aliens and their strange routines before they putt.
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 02:02:37 PM »
624 players for the first year is pretty impressive.  If I can get Chuck to move it away from my B-Day weekend, maybe next year we will try this!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"