Author Topic: 07/14/2011 Water Works Mini  (Read 1891 times)

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 07/14/2011 Water Works Mini
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
how bout a sponsored, 981 rated player in masters? why don't you get on him, urge him to step up (no pun intended) and play open? jeez, give dick a break!
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 03:13:47 PM »
You wanna get beat by a guy that is 1/2 your size or something, or you need a stepping stool to get your disc that is in the tree?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 03:22:02 PM »
I don't mind being called a sandbagger.  I'm just playing in the Pro Field with more people in it. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

HaterAde

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »
how bout a sponsored, 981 rated player in masters? why don't you get on him, urge him to step up (no pun intended) and play open? jeez, give dick a break!

Mr. Drop?

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 05:17:37 PM »
I'm just playing in the Pro Field with more people in it.

That statement is very logically sound and after reading it I don't blame you for playing in a large field where you know you have a really good chance of winning as opposed to a tiny field with some very very tough competition.  The fact it is called Pro 2 is just silly since it really isn't filled with pros.  Until it is changed again I would do the exact same thing, Dick, but like usual it is just fun to try and give you crap since you always state you are used to it and don't mind ;D

how bout a sponsored, 981 rated player in masters? why don't you get on him, urge him to step up (no pun intended) and play open? jeez, give dick a break

In all honesty I completely looked right over him (pun intended). He definitely deserves more crap than Dick; however, in his defense he can use the same sort of argument- i.e. "I was just playing in the much larger field" (that time I really didn't mean for the pun), "I have the right to play in the height age protected division", or maybe it's something we don't know about like "Arturo and Stiles tease me a lot during our rounds and it hurts my tiny feelings."

The obvious solution is to split and rename the Masters division to Pro Masters 1, charging $23, and Pro Masters 2, charging $0.75.  Then Duane, Mark, and Jamie can play a 3-man division and during the round the 2 taller than average players can take turns hoisting mighty mouse on their shoulders so he can see the baskets that are over very slight hills.

I would have posted that way sooner but 4 hour afternoon naps are a by-product of unemployment, as are 36+ daily disc golf holes, frequent forum posts, and beards.  Okay maybe just the naps.

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 10:06:40 PM »
I am still curious, who originally pushed for the $7 pro entry?
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 10:15:24 PM »
dude since the club gets a dollar and the ace fund gets a dollar, per player, how do you come up with 75 cents for a fee. quarters are a hassle for the league director, but yes lower amounts work for me. putting cd on my shoulders is a bad idea, since then i would have to walk to my lie, put cd down, take my shot, and then put cd back on my shoulders, go to HIS lie, let him putt, and repeat, which would eventually hurt my back like this prose is hopefully hurting your brain. i propose that running up to your lie and throwing with a stepover should be made illegal, and a player should not advance past his marker until his shot is completed, completion of shot being demonstrated by picking up the marker.
espouse elucidation

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 03:40:00 AM »
and when are you going to start offering a grandmasters division? huh? any idea how much the entry for that will be?
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 07:41:19 AM »
and when are you going to start offering a grandmasters division? huh? any idea how much the entry for that will be?
that would be nice to have,i'm in

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »
So no one knows who pushed for the $7 pro entry, Dick?
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »
it started at Swope in 2004 I believe.....it was a change that happened unilaterally, by the TD of the league, there was much consternation over it on the board at the time.

Eventually the board succumbed to the notion and it became fact, then though it was an optional $2 which was more work on the tireless shoulders of the people running league, so it became law.

I think as we move forward that this division and the name sake will probably no longer exist in the future board if they pay attention to what has happened to the league split and the realization that there is basically no longer an amateur division in town,and this hurts the development of new players, that may want to contribute more to the sport than just playing.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 06:48:34 PM »
if i am going to continue donating each week(very high probability) i would perfer donating $5 rather than $7. 

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 09:34:08 AM »
if john theiss continues to donate I will glady carry cd and all his braces, baggage, chairs, and umbrellas each and every round.

I'd offer to carry your chair john, but not sure if you still have it or if it really was donated to a pro nt player hewho shall not be named.
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 04:46:34 PM »
Thanks so much MarkWithStile  ;D 

I'm just a little worried though that you mention me in the same posting as hewho  :-X
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."