General > Beginners

Hello all

(1/3) > >>

Humphrind:
Hello.  I'm new here.  In fact, I'm new to the disc golf scene alltogether.

My friends opened me up to playing around October of 2004, just in time to stop playing for the winter.  As spring starts, and I am looking for something to get outside and do, as well as finding an activity to have some "guy time" with the friends.  My mind keeps wandering back to disc golf.

So I am here to say hello, and though I am just learning, I already have the 2 basic theories down.  I understand the basic rules of the game, and I have a ton of fun while playing.

So I hope to see all of you out on the links (are they called links in frisbee golf?) and thanks for having me.

DJayhawk:
Welcome.

If you can make it out to Rosedale on Monday night the Beginners league is starting up.  It will be my first go at a league as well so I'm not too sure about the particulars, but from what I understand it's alot of fun and there is no cost involved.

-Dennis

Humphrind:
I saw the Rosedale league and that's my intention.  I have a couple of problems.  Maybe you can help me out with these.

For the next 3-4 weeks, I have some stuff scheduled on Monday nights.  Any chance I can join the league late?  Do you know if that's an option?

What's the skill level/difference on the other leagues?  I may be able to join the Tuesday, Swope park league.  Of all the leagues listed that seems to fit in my schedule best.  But it may not be my bag if little ol' me and my friends are trying to run with the big boys and constantly dissapointing.

Flip:
Humphrind,

Welcome to KC disc golf.  Although we call them leagues, they function more like weekly mini tournaments rather than a multi-week league(bowling,pool, etc).  You show up at the course on league night, pay your money ($5), pick a division, and play a round of golf.  Winnings are distributed that evening.  This allows you to play whenever you get the opportunity, which can be 5 nights a week :)
 Consider Joining the club, you get a  $1 discount on league play (which adds up), plus you help support DG in KC.  Once you travel a bit and see the disc golf scene in other towns you will realize how fortunate we are.

-Sean

DJayhawk:

--- Quote from: "Flip" ---Humphrind,

Welcome to KC disc golf.  Although we call them leagues, they function more like weekly mini tournaments rather than a multi-week league(bowling,pool, etc).  You show up at the course on league night, pay your money ($5), pick a division, and play a round of golf.  Winnings are distributed that evening.  This allows you to play whenever you get the opportunity, which can be 5 nights a week :)

-Sean
--- End quote ---

Sean,

With the beginners league is there going to be expierenced players also playing for the money prize ie Sandbaggers?  I didn't know there was any money involved at all but I like it that there is :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version