Author Topic: t pads  (Read 1229 times)

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
t pads
« on: March 22, 2006, 12:51:08 PM »
how come there aren't going to be tee pads at cliff before the kcwo? no one is solid on where they're going to be placed, or it's not a priority? i think the holes are great; but there's not enough traffic out there. well there's lot's of trafficking out there i'm afraid; but not enough disc golfers. what needs to happen to get the pads, is there a timeline setup?
putt, putt, give.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
t pads
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 06:43:56 PM »
the almighty dollar is part of it.  City money apparently hasn't come through as was hoped.  Pads would be very nice, but there are plenty of great courses with "natural" pads.  Think of it as environmental conscientiousness.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
t pads
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 12:48:20 PM »
i think whenever we get cement out there or before hand we could eihter donate or get the city to chip in and put another basketball pad out there or at least extend the half court they already have there. maybe get some respect from the locals and put more athletes in the park.
putt, putt, give.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
t pads
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 04:11:47 PM »
huh?  That makes no sense.  No tee-pads because honestly the course is not ready for them yet.  We are still tinkering with holes, and the final design configuration is not done.  There is more things being put into the park that I have been asking for, like a water fountain, and other amenities that make it pointless to put in pads yet.  Once the course is ready to go, and we are ready to move ahead with the nest phase then we will.

One thing about KC and disc golf is that WE ARE SPOILED!  We have the best courses almost hands down across the country in terms of diversity, amenities, people that take care of them, concrete pads, mulitple pins instead of multiple pads (though Blue Valley will have both).  When you start to play some of the other 1800 courses in america, you learn quick that we are spoiled, and we do it with minimal help from the club members themsleves, with the exception of a few hard working fools, the P&R, and then citizens within the neighborhoods.  P&R don't have a budget to work on the disc golf courses in town, so the work that gets done gets done out of love and determination by a few dedicated people.  Want to help with pads, come on out this Saturday and help to get the course ready to play. (workday 8:30am Saturday the 1st)

:)

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
t pads
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 10:20:25 PM »
however i don't understand why there needs to be multiple pads at blue valley? isn't cliff drive older ? i understand if the pros need a more challenging course; but i think they'd be more interested in a bigger purse.
putt, putt, give.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
t pads
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 11:03:01 PM »
blue valley is an extremely unique character of a course.  It will be 2 distinct courses in 1--the Championship Gold Course, and a human course.  

The way to make a DG course more or less difficult, given the space is a limited factor, is to have multiple pads.  Multiple pins are not a way to make it more difficult, rather they make it more interesting to play (different looks from the same tee) and help keep the course in good condition by diverting traffic from the exact same path constantly.  Multiple pads make for longer or different direction throws, with different demands than the other pad.  So, ideally, multiple pads and pins are the ideal.

Age of the course means nothing, neither does purse size in a tournament.  Sorry, matty, but your comments are rather non-sequitar in nature.  When you figure out your intended meaning, please post and let's continue the discussion.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
t pads
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 06:34:26 AM »
This course isn't ready for tee pads. Plain and simple. It doesn't have anything to do with the pro's or the Wide Open. With time and our efforts of clearing out brush (honeysuckle) the land provides more opportunities for hole design. Ya just don't know what is out there until the brush is gone, and you can't see everything on a map. Tee pads take a ton of time and money to do right. As far as basket ball courts go, there is a full court at the concorse further down lexington.
Mike Penney