Author Topic: Next pin change-up?  (Read 1506 times)

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Next pin change-up?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 10:22:17 AM »
I installed 14 new pins in mostly shorter locations about 9-10 weeks ago. To confirm, yes they are set short on purpose.This being determined after discussion with the Superintendent about what type of patronage they wanted to cater to.  SMP being what it is, a place where more families and younger players may find the course is  configured to be beginner friendly. When we want to tilt the course, it has the capacity to change several thousand feet, but that's not today. 

The club EC hasn't communicated a word to me since the fall election last year. So its not a surprise some resources are not immediately available. This hasn't stopped the continuing progress on the course. New pins are good, and more improvements are planned.

Moving the baskets back to the tweener spots they were in for years before we got the new placements is an option though. I'll get with Jack to produce another key, after confirming this is fine with the park.

dangasaur

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »
I should note that I didn't want to start a debate about short and long, just about the frequency at which things get changed up.  I don't really care how the course is set up, just that it gets old playing the same pins for months on end.  My friends and I have had to come up with alternates to keep things interesting.  Hole 18 tee pad to hole 1 pin (~550 feet), stop sign to pin on hole 4, ect...

Thanks for looking into it Dirk and my offer still stands for helping move them, even digging some new placements if need be.

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »
Funny, I've never seen any kids out there playing...  ::)

Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 02:17:15 PM »
i've seen quite a few actually, and I don't go there that often..... ???
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"