Author Topic: KC's Worst Hole  (Read 3944 times)

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
Re: KC's Worst Hole
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 08:17:33 AM »
One of my least favorite holes in KC is #6 at Rosedale in the super left position.  Even though it's not super long, the RHBH line there is a "Jenkins" hyzer (overstable disc thrown really hard).  Perhaps it's easier for the lefty with something understable?

It's still pretty challenging for lefties. I usually have to just throw a flick on a hyzer line or try to muscle one straight forward to the hill. I'm not really a fan of this placement...

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 08:25:16 AM »
I have never enjoyed #16 at p-hill.  Short dog leg right that I never get a legitimate birdie chance at.  Very aggravating.

I agree, it is aggrevating.  But I have started throwing a roller there.  I've seen a fair number of biridies there, it just takes a great shot. 

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 08:45:13 AM »
I have never enjoyed #16 at p-hill.  Short dog leg right that I never get a legitimate birdie chance at.  Very aggravating.

I agree, it is aggrevating.  But I have started throwing a roller there.  I've seen a fair number of biridies there, it just takes a great shot. 

there are definitely multiple routes to get a look at two on that hole.  smoothy, you just have to learn some new shots!

coops

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 08:51:32 AM »
As I stated last night, the problem is that there is not a line to throw to on that hole.  You both threw it high into the trees to let it drop down into the area that is close.....if it were maintained and cleaned up to have lines to throw at I probably wouldn't have as big of an issue.

I also have bigger issues with "blind shots" as well, and that hole is the epitomy of "blind shot at 250' "  as I stated last night even though my putt for two face-masked, it still doesn't make it a good hole.  I think that in the longer position and with the lines cleaned up that hole is much better, and a true golf hole, as it stood last night...hot so much.....

As for cliff #4....with 3 lines and control of your disc its an easy hole.  THe longer placement actually is not a good hole based on statistics from the Wide Open.  You need to throw the disc so it doesn't hit the trees, if that doesn't make a good disc shot in a wooded part of the course, then I guess I am missing it, and maybe I should not worry about going into the woods for any of the courses in the future?   ??? :o

There are at least 3 or 4 suitable lines to reach that hole. The high spike anny, the controlled anny through the left gap, the straight fade shot up the middle, and a slim thumber. (And those are just the righty/non-sidearm lines.) My point would be that though hole 12 may not be a great hole (in that location, the long left is a great hole) it is at the very least not the worst hole in the city. The problem with that hole that most people have is that they don't know how or where to throw it and don't play or practice it enough to get it figured out.

The problem with cliff 4 (and this may be my lack of playing there) is that there are just a bunch of trees in the way and judging their depth, especially in the often shady/long shadowy atmosphere there, becomes difficult at best. Now, if I played there more I may begin to know where those lines and trees actually are, but the course is too far away/if I'm up that far I'm playing WW or BV instead for me to get that experience.

The reason that I said that the longer placement was better is that it takes the people who get lucky 2's away from the short left and makes the hole a better 3 for people who throw good or lucky tee shots or can make a good 3 save. It changes the dynamic away from the few good and the many lucky deuces on the short left and the other routine threes and makes it interesting.

I will say this about my interpretation of the worst holes in KC too, I have never played PHill, Legacy, and a few other courses, so I can only pick on what I know. I know every hole at Cliff can't be Cliff 17 but... I can dream.

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 08:53:05 AM »

there are definitely multiple routes to get a look at two on that hole.  smoothy, you just have to learn some new shots!

Ahh, new shots...like Palmer's legendary two-handed overhead thumber.   Guaranteed to deuce.
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 08:56:56 AM »
I don't beleive there are "worse holes" in disc golf.

Either one is not seeing 1) "all of the lines", or 2) is limited in what throws he/she has available for that basket.

Unless I think of something crappier and amend my post.

I change my mind.  My new answer is : Whatever hole I last played with Steeler Doug.

If you didn't see this response coming you haven't been paying attention....   ;D

Thanks for not letting me down Spencer....   ::)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:20:29 AM by Kevin Montgomery »
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

MedicineMan

• Am Poster
  • Master Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Jedis R Us
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 09:27:07 AM »
Hole 18 at WW.   This hole is just the worst IMO.   I would rather it be replaced with temp hole 13. 
KCFDC #1256
PDGA #47034

May the Force be with You.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 09:31:17 AM »
Hole 18 at WW.   This hole is just the worst IMO.   I would rather it be replaced with temp hole 13. 

no no no no no

thats a  good hole

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 10:38:03 AM »
18's a great hole... especially when I take a 7.

CRAMNATION7

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 10:48:47 AM »
hole 7 at cliff drive.

if the tee pad didnt suck bad enough, the hole is just to simple for such a great course. but man that tee pad is nasty. i think someone forgot that people have a follow through on there shots.
Jay Cram

HaterAde

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »
Every hole at legacy....  ;)

Aw c'mon, #12 is kinda cool. I agree with you on the rest of the course, though. ;D

Young Park, #2 and #8 are sh!tty as well.

Agreed on Water Works #7 being kinda boring when it's up the hill to the right. #18 is great when it's in the short setting, by the road, but all the other positions are stupid.

Cliff Drive, #4 is the worst on the front 9, #14 the worst on the back 9.

Also couldn't agree more about Down Under #1. As for Up Top, #17 is probably my least-favorite just because it's boring.

Also, b%tch, b%tch, b%tch, b%tch, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah, sniffle sniffle sniffle, wish I could go play any of those holes instead of going to work today... ;D

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »
Also, b%tch, b%tch, b%tch, b%tch, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah, sniffle sniffle sniffle, wish I could go play any of those holes instead of going to work today... ;D

;D ;D  8) 8)

Best response so far!
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 11:15:42 AM »
hole 7 at cliff drive.

if the tee pad didnt suck bad enough, the hole is just to simple for such a great course. but man that tee pad is nasty. i think someone forgot that people have a follow through on there shots.

Even after the recent rock work there?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
i think he was saying the rock is in the way of a follow through.  as if a person can't run up, tee off, and follow through on those pads.  i agree, though, that pad doesn't set up well for the hole.  plus, all the teepads at cliff are backwards.  :P  ;D
Drew D Neitzel

CRAMNATION7

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 12:18:25 PM »
yes i would like to start off the back right (were i start almost all my drives) then do my "run up" with out having to worry about hitting my foot or leg on the rocks. its hard to stop after letting go of the disc and have "good form (sp?)"
Jay Cram