Author Topic: KCFDC 2011 Calendar of Events  (Read 7872 times)

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
Re: KCFDC 2011 Calendar of Events
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 04:15:28 PM »
Chris - on the FLHW Calenar event could you add a link to:
Information and Sign-Up: http://flhw.org/2011-events/106-4th-annual-disc-golf-doubles-shootout.html
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 06:29:16 PM »
Done!

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »
Chris or whoever is in charge of the calendar- could you please change the time of league at Young Park to 5:30?  The calendar says 6:00 but it has been posted on the Young page as 5:30 and we do not want folks showing up late or being upset. 

thanks

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 12:51:22 PM »
All of the events say 5:30.  It's a reoccuring meeting.  I'll change the time to 5:30 for all the events in April.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 09:54:35 AM »
I've been a bit behind with updates to the calendar, but it should reflect all of our tournaments as well as surrounding events.  Let me know if there's something you'd like to see added.

Dale W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 12:40:15 AM »
One thing that could be added is the BlueBird Regional Championship on 17 Sept at Legacy.  It isnt an open tournament, but it has many area players in it.  Also there are quite a few tourneys listed on the calander, but no other info available in the Tournament thread.  How does one go about getting info on them/enter them?

Thanks.
Sorry to hear about your luck!!!   :P

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 09:31:52 AM »
I don't understand why you would post a tournament that is closed....the only reason to post would be in the forum for the course to notify players that the course will be closed, I don't think listing the event is needed if you can't play.

As for information about particular events, its up to the people running the events to post that information in the appropriate section of the forums, just as you posted in this forum!

Hope that helps.

Jack 8)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 09:43:01 AM »
I think there may need to be some clarification here. Bluebird is open to anyone who would like to play.

As far as having the person running the event posting it... I don't think the guy from LSPR, who doesn't really play DG and has never ran a tourney, has any idea this forum exists, so it would probably be good if the someone (J Cram) would try to increase awareness.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:52:51 AM by Jake B »

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »
That starts a whole other topic.  I prefer that the CC keep people on the course knowledgable about the club, its not their responsibility to inform people through the forum what an event that they are not running has going on.  It should really be (IMO) their goal to inform the forum that an event is closing the park to play on a particular day.  If they are running the event, then by all means, yes.  In most cases though the parks department and the CC just need to be on the same page so that people are aware of conflicts.

Its out on the course that the CC should be touting what the benefits of the club are to the players, of which there are thousands that have absolutely no idea that a club exists even in KC, and letting them know how important our efforts are as a group that have allowed us to grow in the last decade from 5 places to play to over 20 now within a 35 mile radius of downtown KC.  That growth has came singlehandedly on the work and efforts of the people that have met with the parks departments, the city planners, governing bodies......all of which are driven through the good work of the Kansas City Flying Disc Club.

Our goal is not to promote events as an organization, our goal is to promote disc golf, and improve the parks that we play in, through either better management of the land, or better development of ignored and underused areas to give back to communities an outreach and activity that is a lifetime sport.

That is my thought, many others may vary.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"