This coming Friday, August 5, Disc Golf World will once again be open until 9 p.m. to take part in First Fridays at the Crossroads Art District near Downtown Kansas City. For those of you unfamiliar with First Fridays: On the first Friday of each month, the Crossroads Community's art galleries, studios, and restaurants open their doors to showcase local and national artists. Much like the already established First Friday’s of Phoenix and Houston, Kansas City’s version hosts a free evening of art entertainment where people gather to enjoy local and national art, the company of others, and even a free glass of wine.
Disc Golf World is located on the eastern border of the Crossroads.
Here's the basic plan:
1. Outdoor Swap Meet. There is no charge to participate. Bring your discs and a blanket or table or something to put them on if you want.
2. Mini contest. No charge to participate. A prize for shooting the best round.
3. Dan Howard will be selling his very cool dyed discs. He'll be chiming in soon with images of some of his latest creations.
4. On Friday from 5-9 only, DGW will trade store credit for used discs. We reserve the right not to take any disc. Please note that no more than $3 possibly $4 will be traded for any disc.
5. From 5-9, all discs are a buck off and all apparel items are 30% off.
Give us a call or email with questions.