Author Topic: Bottles on the course  (Read 2259 times)

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bottles on the course
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 12:04:44 AM »
As long as you lug out what you brought in would then become the perfect disc golf world.
My thing is this. Yes I am going to refer to another sport.
When I ask or am invited to fish someone else's property, I intentionally leave it cleaner than when I arrived.
We need to bash this theory into some disc golfer's heads along with the bottles they feel others should pick up from the trash or wherever they leave them.
I think when I retire I'm going to become a bottle patrol for disc golf courses.
That is if I live that long the way the government is with changing the retirement age.
Steven Disc Glover

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 10:05:37 AM »
I think when I retire I'm going to become a bottle patrol

You mean a bum?  Bum Glover...

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 03:37:25 PM »
I really prefer my beer in a bottle, and I pack out what I bring in, or at least get 'em into a trash can near the road.  I do try to set a good example, the "kids" I play with down under see my empties going back in the cooler and they "get it".

But the last thing I want is Barney Fife on glass patrol jumping outta the woods while I'm having my round of golf, you should seriously consider the implications of ordinances and the like.  When you invite him into your woods do not expect to be immune from his prosecution.  
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:46:55 PM by dan howard »

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 05:06:44 PM »
I like my beer out of bottles and throw every bottle away in a trash can. If you see a bottle, pick it up and throw it away. I think "No Glass Allowed" isn't the right answer to the problem.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 05:35:09 PM »
The problem is that someone has to empty the trash, and in MO courses, that is a volunteer, Down Under that is a volunteer...hence the disdain for bottle on courses....alas though I am EXTREMELY guilty of bringing in glass, and leaving it in the park, especially at Cliff, where I know that I am probably going to be the guy taking it to the top, and mad as a hornet that it smells all nasty, and the bottle are breaking my trash bags....and.....well.....I like beer....I like beer in bottles, and yes I do try to get good beer in cans, one look in my fridge is going to show you that I need my own Ripple container in the yard! ::)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 05:47:15 PM »
What it the problem with bottles in the trash can exactly? Are you talking about if they happen to break?

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »
Are you talking about if they happen to break?

That, especially.  But also the weight. If you go fill a giant trash tub with aluminum cans and the other with glass bottles the difference is substantial to say the least. But don't worry about bottles anymore, Bum Glover will be there to take any bottle you throw away and bash your skull in with it according to his post...

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 06:09:47 PM »
and yes I do try to get good beer in cans

modus hoperandi!!  great even in a can

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/08/05/pm-the-beer-packaging-debate-can-vs-bottle-/

I heard this just a half hour or so ago...see?  Enjoy your canned Modus Hoperandi!
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 10:49:16 PM »

Local Vermont brewery Magic Hat that's big up here-this video was just posted to the Green Mountain Disc Golf Club website the other day and supports the can vs. bottle argument

HaterAde

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 11:01:55 AM »
What it the problem with bottles in the trash can exactly? Are you talking about if they happen to break?

Come help haul trash out of Rosedale Down Under sometime, then you'll understand. It can be near back-breaking work, and its all because of the glass bottles.

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 12:54:09 PM »
Interesting arguments for cans, thx for posting those 2 links, I'll have to have another look when I'm at the store.  The Tallgrass IPA in cans at the H2Open was actually pretty good.  Is the Modus Hoperandi available locally? Any other canned suggestions for this hop-head.

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »
bring your bottles in a cooler? after drinking, put back in the cooler. take home. recycle.
http://www.rippleglasskc.com/
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 09:44:07 PM »
Is the Modus Hoperandi available locally? Any other canned suggestions for this hop-head.

yes, both kansas and missouri side.  i can even get it at hi vee in missouri.  it's a really good ipa. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/923/48243

bring your bottles in a cooler? after drinking, put back in the cooler. take home. recycle.
http://www.rippleglasskc.com/

common sense can be so brilliant.

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 09:12:20 PM »
Come help haul trash out of Rosedale Down Under sometime, then you'll understand. It can be near back-breaking work, and its all because of the glass bottles.

Steve E spent 5 days, 15-20 hours last week hauling 60 bags of trash from down under.
This guy needs a pat on the back from everyone. That is one nasty job, I helped Brad last year and our Saturday AM group did it over the winter,
for Steve to do this himself is just crazy!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.