Author Topic: Twisted Flyer ill  (Read 486 times)

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Twisted Flyer ill
« on: August 17, 2011, 09:02:38 AM »
Just thought I'd give a heads up to those that don't know, I heard from a buddy of mine this morning, Heath Whitley, that Joe Rotan is seriously ill right now.  He got back from World's and found out yesterday that he's got a very bad case of INNER Poison Oak.  Somehow, it got into his inner ear, and spread to his lymph nodes, and is also making his brain swell.  Thoughts and prayers going out to him today.
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Twisted Flyer ill
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 09:11:07 AM »
WOW, he did't show any signs of it in Cali.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 01:09:27 PM »
Apparently Joe also picked up meningitis, probably unrelated to the poison oak, but having both things at the same time really sucks. One by itself sucks.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 02:52:02 PM »
from the pdga website:

this is from Joe himself this morning on FB

Ok. It is a infection in my brain. I'm beating it but not out of the woods yet. Dr. Just told me it will be 8-10 days before I can go home :-((((( He said I'm one of the luckiest cases he's seen and most people lose vision, memory or life with this. So thanks for the prayers and well wishes they worked and are working. Happy but sad at the time. Blessed I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel :-)

please keep Joe in your thoughts and prayers through this tough time until he can move onto more twisted ones

wow.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 09:30:44 PM »
He's doing better. Joe is leaving the hospital tomorrow..so things must be going much better. Turned out to be viral meningitis....varicella-zoster....same virus that causes chickenpox and shingles. Can be nasty, but normally is very treatable if caught early on, and Joe shouldn't have too many (if any) lasting effects, from what I hear.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.