Author Topic: Work Days Coming Up  (Read 789 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Work Days Coming Up
« on: March 26, 2006, 10:49:19 PM »
Will be working as time permits over the next couple of weeks.
Plan on marking teeing areas
repainting OB's
New hole configuration on new #8, and then work on the "new #11"  
#10 as it exists will be leaving us
New tee area on #6
Fix hit poles on #12 & #13
Clear out current #8 and remove downed debris, take some from "new #8" and combine......speaking of smells, what is burning?

Those are the big items prior to the 8th that need to be done.  I will be out there for sure next Saturday 4/1/06  Want to start early and then leave in time to finish and get to the last Down Under league of the season.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Be a Do-er!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 08:21:21 PM »
Up Coming Work Days -  
We will be working on the course Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, the 9th, 10th,11th. Anybody willing to bear the heat and has some free time is encouraged to come lend a hand. The area of focus will be around hole 1. Look for us after noon. Please call Jack Lowe (913)485-5123 if you are going to make it out.
Mike Penney

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Work Days Coming Up
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 10:50:50 PM »
Work needed done-
#1-clear out area of taken out spots, clean it up.  Be sure #1 green is ready.  Remove trash, remove trash, remove trash.

#2-weedeat, take out tree that obstructs path, remove ankle busters, spray honey suckle.

#3-WOW look at this growth, remove growth after spraying with honeysuckle kill all along trail to pad and basket.

#4-trash off hill, spray with herbicide.

#5-put in new placement by old teeing area, spray honeysuckle down especially to the right (north) of current pin, clear out the entire area for newer landing zones.

#6-clean up area as needed

#7-spray all new Honey suckle growth, especially upon the hill heading up to the basket.

#8-MAN can a fella get rid of growth, lets see the CLIFF for crying out loud, get rid of all growth and expose the cliff, spraying the area with herbicide especially up to the "party zone" for the band to be seen.

#9-clear out around the green, take out tree hanging over the fairway that needs to go.

#10-get in the new placement area, to clear out for the stage for the band, will need a bridge to get the band over, need railroad ties initially, this is clearing out to the north of current location, and going deep.

The basic premise is to work on the area between #1, and new #10 and weed eat the funk out of it build a bridge, and clear to see the cliff on #8, I want to get that done this week! (ok before the event)

Any and all help will be appreciated, we need to clear out #3 as well it is OVER grown!

I am going to get this done, I expect you to do it with me.  Call and let me know what time you will be there!!

:)
(think that will work?)
;)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"