Author Topic: Aug 21 league, 20 hole extravaganza  (Read 854 times)

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Aug 21 league, 20 hole extravaganza
« on: August 20, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »
With the air show going on tomorrow, i'd rather not mess with the yokals.  I plan on doing 20 holes tomorrow, front 10 holes twice, playing 1 short and long and also 8 short and long.  One of my theories as to why turn out is so weak is you guys are afraid of CD normal layout.  Maybe this will help by doing the "fun" holes twice?  5pm folks, I get there round 430 for sign ups. Hope to see you there
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

Saturn

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 21 league, 20 hole extravaganza
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 10:20:51 PM »
Played there today a little after you started but missed your message - otherwise I woulda come out earlier.  Also...  Hole 17.  Dat hole.  Eesh.

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:23:46 AM »
Well 3 of us this week for a modified LDO round.

Ryan 49
Adam 51
Jack 51 with a circle 3 from the drop zone on 12

Sundays 5pm people, not sure what I can do to get a respectable turnout.  Any suggestions would be great.... are kc disc golfers afraid of cliff?
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa

HaterAde

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:48:17 AM »
Well 3 of us this week for a modified LDO round.

Ryan 49
Adam 51
Jack 51 with a circle 3 from the drop zone on 12

Sundays 5pm people, not sure what I can do to get a respectable turnout.  Any suggestions would be great.... are kc disc golfers afraid of cliff?

No, they're afraid of spending Sunday evening away from family or away from whatever lazy, relaxing environment they like to wind down in before beginning the work week.

None of these leagues should have been shuffled from where they were last year. Seems one season of lower numbers was enough to deem the system broken. Just because Swope had low numbers, and someone decided to attribute those low numbers to a private course's Tuesday league, it was seen fit to shuffle Swope and Cliff leagues to different days in order to accomodate this private course. Now, I like Old Pike as much as the next guy, but it was stupid to change the league schedules because of them. I say if certain elitist disc golfers want to abandon Swope to have their own little circle jerk league at a private course, they should have been able to do so without the KCFDC rearranging league nights and fixing things that weren't broken.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:06:18 PM »
you missed the point of that post by Ryan...... ::)  the highlight was that I took a circle 3 from the Drop Zone (also means I owe Ryan a $1 for the OB, though I may want to change that rule, in that if you hit the next shot to save par, you don't owe the money.....

I am all for moving leagues back to Mon @ Cliff and Tues @ Swope for next year.  In fact would prefer it personally.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

LKillian

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 03:50:32 PM »
On Sunday, beer league at swope is bringing in 20-30. Pleasant hill doubles is bringing in 15-20 people. Sunday drive has always had a tough time.

I agree that it should go back to swope on tuesdays, and cliff on mondays. Monday's at swope have been underwhelming most of the year, not that cliff was packed when it was on monday, but last year swope had 30-40 people a week early in the year.
Cooter was here.

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 04:13:38 PM »
I too want to see it back to Monday.
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 05:19:13 PM »
my suggestion to the board next year is to ensure that those that run the leagues will input the date.  I know that this year Drew wanted to try Sunday, he ran it, I wasnt stopping him.  Personally Sunday's are tough with kids to make by 5 if I have them to get out there, Monday's are better for me overall......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

HaterAde

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 07:00:14 PM »
Cliff may not have been packed on Mondays, but at the very least it was a consistent crowd of the regular 6-8 guys. It was also a nice alternative to traveling to Olathe for those north and east of town.

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 06:23:29 AM »
And thanks to Ted, Smithville will now take on a Sunday league attempt. Starts at 1:00...group will decide what course & format.

As of this am, ALL courses at the Complex are now blessed with baskets!

T-pads the very next venture!!
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

coops

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 09:46:31 AM »
Cliff may not have been packed on Mondays, but at the very least it was a consistent crowd of the regular 6-8 guys. It was also a nice alternative to traveling to Olathe for those north and east of town.

Isn't Swope now that alternative?