Author Topic: LSDiscs Open C-tier Sunday September 11th (Doubles Sept 9)  (Read 2338 times)

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
LSDiscs Open C-tier Sunday September 11th (Doubles Sept 9)
« on: August 22, 2011, 06:05:22 PM »
Where: Rosedale Park, Kansas City, KS (both rounds up top)

Time: Sign in 8-9:30
Players meeting: 9:45
Tee off: 10:00

Cost: Open Divisions- $45
All Am Divisions-$35
Ace Fund-$3

Event capped at 90 so get signed up today!
++At least $200 added to the Pro Divisions++

Every Am player will receive credit to pick out their own player pack out of our huge disc/apparel selection.

100% Payout Flex Start Doubles on Friday Sept 9th from 2-6 at Rosedale Up Top. $20 per Team (Am and Pro Divisions)                       
^^Anyone is free to join, even if you are not in the singles^^

*Add $10 for non-PDGA members*

Pre Registration at www.lsdiscs.net
$5 OFF if you pay for your spot by Thursday September 8th

Contact: Lars Nordgren 785-220-1226 or lsdiscs@sbcglobal.net

coops

Re: LSDiscs Open C-tier Sunday September 11th (Doubles Sept 9)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 09:13:55 AM »
So I can't play the tournament (who schedules a tournament over a Chiefs game? Especially the opener?) but I am likely very interested in playing the doubles. I would say likely I would play pro, but I'm in a fun little spot where I might be able to do either. So, anybody looking for a dubs partner?

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 09:22:26 AM »
Sorry Cooper, but we simply ran out of other days for them to schedule on.  KC should be lucky that they've got so many events happening during September that we had no choice but to schedule on the Chief's opener!

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 09:48:36 AM »
Where's the next complaint gonna be coop? I'll be sure to mark as read before even opening the thread. Lots of tournaments, lots of great courses (cliff drive included), and all in a great disc golf community. Life is good! I'm gonna do my best to make this tourney!!!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

coops

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:10:18 AM »
Sorry Cooper, but we simply ran out of other days for them to schedule on.  KC should be lucky that they've got so many events happening during September that we had no choice but to schedule on the Chief's opener!

I'm not complaining, just saying why I will not be there. All of you heathens who don't revere football above all else are welcome to go play and have a good time, I just won't be among you.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 10:16:01 AM »
I do revere football, just on the correct day (Saturday, not Sunday).   I know KU grads aren't used to that.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:18:53 AM by Timko »

coops

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 10:18:53 AM »
I guess when you grow up a KU fan you just start to look at that football as bonus football, the real stuff happens on Sunday, Monday, and occasional Thursdays.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 10:21:13 AM »
Where's the next complaint gonna be coop? I'll be sure to mark as read before even opening the thread. Lots of tournaments, lots of great courses (cliff drive included), and all in a great disc golf community. Life is good! I'm gonna do my best to make this tourney!!!

I couldn't have put this any better.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 10:37:14 AM »
ESPN notifications on my phone for Chiefs games are a beautiful thing...disc golf tourney + knowing each scoring play made = successful afternoon.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

coops

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »
Watching the game = more successful

coops

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 11:08:29 AM »

Ok, so I've been reading over my post and I have a simple question... where is the complaint? All I was doing was saying 1. I will not be playing the tournament 2. the part about football was an aside explaining why I would not be playing the tournament and 3. asking if anyone was looking to play doubles who might want a partner.

So I guess my next complaint will about you complaining about a non-complaint. :D

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »
Unless I'm going to Arrowhead, I'd rather be playing DG myself.

As far as Saturday football vs. Sunday football goes, well if you want to watch minor league, amateur football, Saturday is the day for it.  :P

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 11:49:44 AM »

Ok, so I've been reading over my post and I have a simple question... where is the complaint?

I'm going to make an assumption here and say that he's not referring specifically to the content in the current thread, but to a collective body of posts you've made recently in various threads.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 11:55:37 AM »
"who schedules a tournament over a Chiefs game?" - but I was mainly referring to other complaints on cliff drive. ANYWAY. let's keep this thread on the tournament. I'm looking forward to this one. Played a C tier this past weekend in Neosho and had a blast. Looking to make it a successful fall and hopefully finish atop the advanced division once. Will there be amateur plastic payout? Or is it trophy only with a stellar players pack ( pick your own pack is a great idea by the way )?
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 12:03:35 PM »
"who schedules a tournament over a Chiefs game?" - but I was mainly referring to other complaints on cliff drive. ANYWAY. let's keep this thread on the tournament. I'm looking forward to this one. Played a C tier this past weekend in Neosho and had a blast. Looking to make it a successful fall and hopefully finish atop the advanced division once. Will there be amateur plastic payout? Or is it trophy only with a stellar players pack ( pick your own pack is a great idea by the way )?

LSDiscs has always done good payouts, at least in my opinion.

Last year, I got 4th or 5th in Int at the LSDiscs Open and got around $60-$70 in merch bucks.