Author Topic: Hole #9  (Read 3289 times)

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
Hole #9
« on: August 23, 2011, 10:11:59 PM »
Anyone have inside knowledge on what is going on with hole #9 and the expanded fairway?  I feel like I missed a topic or something.
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Hole #9
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:45:18 AM »
??
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:33:51 AM »
No idea, but the rocks on the left side of #9 has been moved further to the left (if standing on the tee).  I would imagine P&R is changing that area to disallow parking, but I'm not sure.  The fairway for #9 is sure wider on that side now.

max hilgers

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
THE STONES ALONG THE BASEBALL FIELD HAVE BEEN REMOVED. MAYBE SOMEONE FELL ON A ROCK GOING FOR A FOUL BALL? ANYWAY THE ROCKS ARE ALOT CLOSER TOGETHER AND IN A NEAT LINE. I THINK THE GUY FROM  PARK DEPT. THAT PLAYS ,IS DOING THE WORK.

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 10:11:10 PM »
The rocks were certainly nicely organized.  It made the OB line very clear (at least until they ran out of rocks).   I do worry, however, about how drastically this changes the challenges of this fairway.  I should probably keep my mouth shut.   As a RH backhand thrower, the new set up benefits me quite a bit.   
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 09:14:07 AM »
I should probably keep my mouth shut.   As a RH backhand thrower, the new set up benefits me quite a bit.
Seriously!! Mum is the word dude, you're killing me!!
:-X
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

chessnut4

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 01:03:38 PM »
All the rocks on 8 have been removed completely as well as all the wood ties surrounding the island.  Makes getting on the island much easier as you now ca throw the skip of the gravel and not had to worry about being denied by either the ties or rocks.   

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 01:31:41 PM »
now that green can be reached with a roller!
espouse elucidation

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 02:28:29 PM »
what the heck?  that's what makes hole 8 difficult!  (Well, partly anyway  ::) )
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Richard L

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 12:08:22 PM »
Several of us Rosie regulars have been talking for weeks about the baseball lot/beer bottle problem on 9 fairway and cleaning up old stump placement and island area on 8.

So, why are these issues, ideas and work day opportunities NEVER communicated about or organized by Rosedale's "course coordinator?"

Also, anyone else ever notice that, although among the top two or three KC courses in popularity/rounds per week foot traffic and consistant league and b-league attendance THE LEAGUE RESULTS FOR ROSEDALE ARE ALMOST NEVER POSTED even a week or two after the fact, whereas all of the other even minor courses consistantly post their weekly results within a day or two - including payout figures, ace funds, highlight shots, etc.?
 ::)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:01:30 PM by Richard L »
be vewy, vewy quiet, I'm hunting boidies!

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »
Richard we do not have course coordinators any longer.  Bert is the head of the committee for Rosedale and has the same authority and responsibility as was previously given a course coordinator.  He can call a workday when ever he would like.  As far as Bert getting reimbursed I personally have signed the checks that paid him.  When he has asked to be paid for items that he has purchased and produced a receipt he has been paid in as timely a manner as I could manage between our schedules (weeks sounds a bit long).  Bert has never complained to me that he had a problem with how he got paid.  He does not contact me to tell me that he needs to get reimbursed.  He usually just waits until he sees me on the course and tells me what he has going on and what he needs. I'm not completely sure I am directing this to the correct person, but I think I have told you much the same thing about workdays during evening before league starts. If you have other issues about the park that you would like to talk about I would be glad discuss them with you on the phone or in person.   

I do take full responsibility for not posting all of the weekly results on the forum. Running the league does not fit into my schedule, but I have shown up every week since Rodney's schedule changed to make sure that someone is there to run it.  Many weeks I have not even been able to play, but still show up to start the league and then return later in the evening to payout the winners. We could really use a responsible person to run the league for the rest of the season...

Jim Sherwood

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 04:43:55 PM »
I have been trying to get to the bottom of the rocks being moved and the railroad ties removed around on holes eight and nine.  I spoke with the man in charge of maintenance for the park and he says that he knows nothing about rocks being moved or the railroad ties removed.  Currently, KCK parks and recreation have no permanent director and the interim director is on vacation.  I spoke to the former director and current consultant to the director and he could not give me answers, but will be contacting the contractor and visiting the site and letting me know what he can find out.  I am waiting for a follow-up phone call and will let everyone know as soon as I can.
Jim Sherwood

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 07:24:03 PM »
I like how you blast the "course coordinator" for not "doing their job" and then you talk about the volunteer work that Bert (the "course coordinator") does at the parks. 

If you talk to him so much you should ask him to communicate better with you.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »
Just so everyone knows, I think I have the answer for why the rocks were shifted and why the railroad ties were removed.  They are two different issues that happen to be near each other. I am waiting to talk to new guy in charge of city park maintenance and get a definitive answer and possibly a good solution as well.     
Jim Sherwood

Richard L

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 07:58:32 PM »
All I am asking is: why do we not see any general seasonal or monthly plan or even periodic maintenance issues, workdays, and projects for Rosedale published here, let alone weekly league results, whereas we see all those things weekly from almost all other area courses great and small?

Thanks!
Richard L.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:04:14 PM by Richard L »
be vewy, vewy quiet, I'm hunting boidies!