Author Topic: Hole #9  (Read 3286 times)

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Hole #9
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 08:37:49 AM »
I'm now performing the Baby Raccoon......lol  8)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 08:39:50 AM »
 ???
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 08:41:12 AM »
As long as you make a Hummel sign to go with it you have my blessing, Brian.

oh, you know you've got a deal there!

HaterAde

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2011, 08:44:34 AM »
Awesome thread! 8)

These kinds of discussions are how things get done in the world. Don't be a disc thief!

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2011, 11:42:41 AM »
maybe hewho is selling franchises...he gets 10% for every disc with someone else's name on, 15% if it has a name and number? would love to see the look on mm's face if he rolled up to see his scam already in action.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2011, 11:53:37 AM »
Rich, I am assuming that by removing all your posts pertaining to the disc thefts and remaining  :-X silent :-X you are admitting your guilt. you are also probably  :-[ embarrassed :-[ about your sign incident, as well. A sign??? Were you protesting me??? That's awesome!!! I have been called names before but never protested against. Way to go I can tell my grandchildren about it someday long after you have become wormfood.

Neckbeard:       Hey little Neckbeard III, did you know that back in 2011 I was protested against?
Neckbeard III:   Weally, Gwanpy, what for?
Neckbeard:       Some homophobic thief thought I was a "queer"
Neckbeard III:   What's homophobic, Gwanpy?
Neckbeard:       Someone who hates queers.
Neckbeard III:   What's a queer, Gwanpy?
Neckbeard:       It's a mean name for gay people, little Neckbeard.
Neckbeard III:   What's gay, Gwanpy?
Neckbeard:        Go ask your mom and dad, little neckbeard.

I hope you choose to quit selling discs. What a poor example you set for those multitudes of casual players out there at Rosie. Your presence tells them that every time they find a disc on the course that belongs to someone else "Sweet, I can take this to that old man Rich at the picnic tables and trade it for something else or sell it for $5-$10." What a great trend you are setting for scores of new players. I am sure they also think highly of regular golfers and the golf community you claim to represent when they see you  slurring individuals with hateful, derogatory, homophobic signage. Please remove yourself from the picnic tables and the golf community in general. Hell you could even remove yourself from the planet if you wish. Here's an obituary you can use to save your friends loved ones funeral administrator some time:

"Here lies Rich: disc thief, liar, homophobe, crappy disc golfer, and all around dirtball.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2011, 12:12:58 PM »
Okay....seriously...this guy needs to be writing our newsletters, magazines and chainmails.....I would actually read them!  DO NOT "F" WITH SIR NECKBEARD!

People are sure passionate about "Hole 9"
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:15:25 PM by Slant »
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »
Okay....seriously...this guy needs to be writing our newsletters, magazines and chainmails.....I would actually read them!  DO NOT "F" WITH SIR NECKBEARD!

People are sure passionate about "Hole 9"

Neckbeard for President!
 8)
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2011, 02:16:31 PM »
As censorship is not my bag but decorum does need to be maintained it would be mighty nice of folks to try and refrain from future personal attacks and questionable language on the forum. Thanks!

But what the heck is up with #9? The rocks are gone? Sounds like it will likely play quite a bit differently now. Perhaps a permanent OB line can be added where the rocks used to be to maintain the hole in a similar fashion to what we are all used to.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2011, 04:17:06 PM »
If he doesn't have a sales permit to sale discs in the park from the city ($50/daily) he is violating the law, selling "found" discs is a grey matter, but those in our sport should know that it isn't the correct thing to do.  The correct thing to do is to call the owner and ask them and try, if at that point there is no response, then selling, donating, throwing up to shoot at, shold be ok.

If you see anyone "selling" anything in the park the best thing to do is to remind them that they must have a proper sales permit from the county to sell on their land, if they stay, call the police and report it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:20:57 PM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2011, 04:25:37 PM »
Several of us Rosie regulars have been talking for weeks about the baseball lot/beer bottle problem on 9 fairway and cleaning up old stump placement and island area on 8.

So, why are these issues, ideas and work day opportunities NEVER communicated about or organized by Rosedale's "course coordinator?"

Also, anyone else ever notice that, although among the top two or three KC courses in popularity/rounds per week foot traffic and consistant league and b-league attendance THE LEAGUE RESULTS FOR ROSEDALE ARE ALMOST NEVER POSTED even a week or two after the fact, whereas all of the other even minor courses consistantly post their weekly results within a day or two - including payout figures, ace funds, highlight shots, etc.?
 ::)

Its an all volunteer racket dude, why not volunteer to do it yourself?  There are no longer "course coordinators" we have people that have volunteered to work on a course, if you are that concerned, please work with the BoD directly and make an impact.  Too many people in the "forum" have great ideas but never leave their seats from the computer to actually "DO" work.  If you want something done, do it yourself, find out how to help. 

Theses discussion boards are not the KCFDC, they are from many that are members, and many that are not of the club.  It takes an entire community to do so though, so if you see a vacancy, offer on how you can help improve it, don't just gripe, it goes a long way towards building credibility and relationships in our community.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

BenC

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2011, 04:36:11 PM »
The rocks are back on #9 but they are a bit wider, out into the parking lot.  They have added more rocks to cut down on the weed eating that needs to be done between them.  There is a definite O.B. line now, no more discussions or arguments about in or out because you really cant land between the rocks anymore.  There is an open space up by the gate that will need to be marked in the future, but that is the only place.

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 12:26:43 AM »
When I created this topic, I had no idea how controversial it was.   
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

HaterAde

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2011, 09:09:23 AM »
If you see anyone "selling" anything in the park the best thing to do is to remind them that they must have a proper sales permit from the county to sell on their land, if they stay, call the police and report it.

"Their land"? Could've sworn public land belongs to the public, not just to those who work for the county.

Unless it is crack, heroin, meth, or under-aged children that they are selling, I would be against calling the cops. I find it utterly ridiculous that the citizens who foot the bill (by way of taxes that are involuntarily jacked from them via threat of force) to pay for the park and its upkeep should have to ask the government's permission and acquire a permit (which probably means more money, above and beyond taxes) in order to sell legal items in said park.

There's looking out for the park, then there's looking out for a thieving nanny government, which is really no different than informing the local mafia Don that one of your fellow disc golfers hasn't paid his vigs for the month. Unless you are one of the hired-thug cops who are paid to make sure the county's racket is functioning properly, there's no need to get snitchy on your fellow citizens over what basically amounts to a harmless activity.

Let the punishment for selling lost/found discs be the label of "douchebag" by that person's peers, and leave it at that.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2011, 09:22:57 AM »
Jeez.... talk about thread drift....  ::)

Better be careful or this drift is going to get so tall it may come crashing down avalanche style and bury us all....  :o

How about we go back and read Ben's post updating us on the status of the rocks on #9 and go from there?

The rocks are back on #9 but they are a bit wider, out into the parking lot.  They have added more rocks to cut down on the weed eating that needs to be done between them.  There is a definite O.B. line now, no more discussions or arguments about in or out because you really cant land between the rocks anymore.  There is an open space up by the gate that will need to be marked in the future, but that is the only place.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org