Author Topic: Hole #9  (Read 3257 times)

HaterAde

Re: Hole #9
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2011, 09:24:12 AM »
Let the punishment for selling lost/found discs be the label of "douchebag" by that person's peers, and leave it at that.

Proud titleholder, 4/20/2011 Facebook "Doosch" of the Day

Alright keizer, I'm just gonna come out and say it. This might be tough to hear, but oh well-sometimes the truth hurts. Your spelling of "doosch" in your signature line has really bothered me for months. I have debated stating this, pm'ing you, or maybe even calling you to voice my concerns. In your above text you have used the proper spelling "douche" in your use of the word "douchebag". I like to see that you have it right, but now you are confusing people with your duel spellings. Everyone needs to know that it is spelled "douche", not "doosh". please correct this eyesore immediately or i will call the police and report you  ;D

That's "dual" spellings, biatch! ;D

Yeah, there's definitely a reason for the misspelling in the sig line. One of these days, when you come back to KC, and we're having church on a course somewhere, I'll happily explain it to you. 8)

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 09:27:10 AM »
I thought the two spellings were fighting to the death, hence my using "duel".  Kevin I forgot I would stop being a potty mouth I removed my post now that Keiezer was able to read it :)

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 09:30:16 AM »
If you see anyone "selling" anything in the park the best thing to do is to remind them that they must have a proper sales permit from the county to sell on their land, if they stay, call the police and report it.

"Their land"? Could've sworn public land belongs to the public, not just to those who work for the county.

Unless it is crack, heroin, meth, or under-aged children that they are selling, I would be against calling the cops. I find it utterly ridiculous that the citizens who foot the bill (by way of taxes that are involuntarily jacked from them via threat of force) to pay for the park and its upkeep should have to ask the government's permission and acquire a permit (which probably means more money, above and beyond taxes) in order to sell legal items in said park.

There's looking out for the park, then there's looking out for a thieving nanny government, which is really no different than informing the local mafia Don that one of your fellow disc golfers hasn't paid his vigs for the month. Unless you are one of the hired-thug cops who are paid to make sure the county's racket is functioning properly, there's no need to get snitchy on your fellow citizens over what basically amounts to a harmless activity.

Let the punishment for selling lost/found discs be the label of "douchebag" by that person's peers, and leave it at that.

I'll avoid the rant about 'the Man' coming down on a disc golfers trying to sell a few pieces of plastic. What I think is missed is the argument that apparently some portion of the plastic being sold is lost property that was not turned into nor attempted to be retured to the rightful owner. Should the PoPo be called? I would argue no, unless you are a fan of idiots that call 911 when McDonald's runs out of McNuggets. What should be done is anytime said person is in possesion of a disc that is clearly marked with a name and number of someone you know, take it and call the righful owner.

Property is generally deemed to have been lost if it is found in a place where the true owner likely did not intend to set it down, and where it is not likely to be found by the true owner. At common law, the finder of a lost item could claim the right to possess the item against any person except the true owner or any previous possessors.

The underlying policy goals to these distinctions are to (hopefully) see that the property is returned to its true original owner, or "title owner." Most jurisdictions have now enacted statutes requiring that the finder of lost property turn it in to the proper authorities; if the true owner does not arrive to claim the property within a certain period of time, the property is returned to the finder as his own, or is disposed of. In Britain, many public businesses have a lost property desk, which in the United States would be called a lost and found.
In KC we have Disc Golf World!

Found at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost,_mislaid,_and_abandoned_property

www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »
I give up... drift away.....   ::)

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

HaterAde

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2011, 09:37:56 AM »

Ya gotta admit, there's only so much discussion the rocks on #9 can handle. I mean, I guess we could get into the scientific properties of those rocks if you'd like. ;D

So, what do you guys think? Are those rocks igneous, metamorphic, or sedimentary?

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2011, 09:38:19 AM »
I thought the two spellings were fighting to the death, hence my using "duel".  Kevin I forgot I would stop being a potty mouth I removed my post now that Keiezer was able to read it :)

I did not deem your post offensive in the least. The term douchebag has become part of the vernacular and I find Keizer's intentional misspelling of douche in his tag line quaint. I was just hoping to let the theme of disc sales in the park fade away and get back to the unexpected changes to hole #9 at Rosedale. But I see I have failed miserably. It's okay, I'm used to that....   8)

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2011, 09:42:52 AM »

Ya gotta admit, there's only so much discussion the rocks on #9 can handle. I mean, I guess we could get into the scientific properties of those rocks if you'd like. ;D

So, what do you guys think? Are those rocks igneous, metamorphic, or sedimentary?

My guess is mostly sedimentary with some igneous. Doubtful that any would be metamorphic in that area. But with the commonality of sandstone and the like in eastern KS it's likely that they are mostly sedimentary. But since I just looked up all three on Wikipedia to refresh myself after not studying types of rocks since 7th or 8th grade I could be completely wrong. Like I said, I'm used to that.

Notice how I've embraced the whole thread drift thing?   :D
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 09:44:12 AM »
You rock, K-Mont!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 09:51:03 AM »

I was typing my $.02 as you were posting, I'm done....
But before I go..... just kidding :P
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 10:31:58 AM »
finders keepers, when i lose a disc i don't expect a return, but good karma to those who do return AND good karma to those who enjoy my lost plastic. ten bucks for a used disc is awfully high, so BAD VIBES to ripoff artists - yes the dude that sells found discs is an artist and should be praised for at least finding the disc and getting back to the dg community. the best solution to all this banter about lost and found is to not lose your disc and be so emotionally attached to a piece of plastic, when you give up looking for it, you really should let go of your emotional connection too.

so that being said, here's to neckbeard -

DISClaimer : if i found your disc, i'd return it to you for free, collecting good karma for me and issuing good karma to you! that means i like you.

that being said, here is my empirical logic :
"nobody likes a sore loser" everyone agree with that? if so read on :

a: you lost your disc, ergo you are a loser by definition.
b: you're NOT happy about it, and even less happy about an exorbidant finders fee, ergo you are sore.
a + b = sore loser, ergo nobody likes you now except for me<see disclaimer>, which makes me a nobody.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:58:40 AM by jamidanger »
espouse elucidation

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 11:26:17 AM »
I did read on but I do not agree
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »
are you saying i am NOT a nobody? cuz double negatives are a no-no by definition.
espouse elucidation

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2011, 02:56:33 PM »
I'm a triple negative most of the time in time with most times.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2011, 03:51:05 PM »
I'm a triple negative most of the time in time with most times.

Must suck for your girl to have negative dick in her life!  Ooohhhh! Face
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »
She tells me that every night
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...