Author Topic: Tree Love Classic Warm Up 9-11  (Read 639 times)

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tree Love Classic Warm Up 9-11
« on: September 10, 2011, 05:15:16 PM »
alright folks, Sep 11 at 5pm I will be running league.  I will have it set up to the Tree Love Classic layout.  Come out and get some good practice for the C Tier next weekand. if you dont play the event, just have fun for league.  This could possibly be one of or even the last league of the season.  If i cant get a good turnout this sunday, then I will realize that people really dont want to play this league and will have to shut it down. 
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Tree Love Classic Warm Up 9-11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 10:13:21 AM »
got my kids today bud....otherwise I'd be there.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 09:07:27 PM »
    the good people of kansas city have spoken.  they no longer want a cliff drive league on sunday.  only 4 of us showed up on a southern california like day, a week before a C tier at KC's second best course.  I would like to thank all those that did show up during the time i ran leagues and all those that help out at CD. 
    Stay posted to find out league info for next season.  I have high hopes that it will change nights and more members enjoy what this course has to offer.  Jack can run league if he feels like it, but with football in full swing now, i doubt he parts with his huge tv and comfy couch.
     it was a pleasure, i ask that all of you who do play this course, to do your part with keeping it beautiful.  not asking you to volunteer time or money, but if you see a piece of trash that you please pick it up and that you dont litter.  of course, if you would like to volunteer time please let either me or jack know, and we can meet you there and assist you to what needs to be done
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

HaterAde

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 03:26:23 PM »
The course looks good for the tourney. The construction is progressing nicely and is getting to be less of an issue.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 04:25:02 PM »
is #6 still a pain to get out of?  I haven't tried since before i left for worlds.....I have been playing the Cliff Drive Upper Reservoir Course lately.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

HaterAde

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 04:57:58 PM »
is #6 still a pain to get out of?  I haven't tried since before i left for worlds.....I have been playing the Cliff Drive Upper Reservoir Course lately.....

Pretty much the same ridiculous hill climb after reaching the top of the stairs, but no more difficult to traverse than the hill on #5.

I'm thinking new basket placement up there. Drive down to the normal area, before the trail, then a big uphill shot through the new opening. Players would then walk up the stairs to putt.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 10:04:13 AM »
I have a plan with P&R to meet out there to discuss options.

Though I like the idea that you describe, I would prefer an easier way out, and extending hole #6 at the same time, length wise, not elevation wise.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"