Author Topic: Blue Bird Series Regional at Legacy?  (Read 567 times)

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Blue Bird Series Regional at Legacy?
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the supposed 'Regional Championship' that the wesbite says is supposed to be this Saturday at Legacy?

They don't have any specific info on the website, and I had been waiting for something to be posted but was running out of time.

I guess if no info about this surfaces I'll just play Tree Love :p

Dale W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Bird Series Regional at Legacy?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »
We have been waiting also to no avail.  I am going to GUESS (based on the prev rounds) that the registration will be from 9-930ish and tee off around 10?  We (my family and I) went out there tonight to check out the pin placements and such.  There hasnt been any temp tees lined out (for the int/rec/novice/etc) nor any temp OB/islands like normal.  I'm going to msg them on facebook and try to find out something tonight , but not counting on it.  I will post anything (if anything) I find out.
Sorry to hear about your luck!!!   :P

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 09:26:03 PM »
If you don't post anything I'm just planning on not going. It's not worth it to drive out there to maybe play a tournament that isn't really a big deal anyway.

Hope you find something.

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 09:27:45 PM »
if not, you can come on over and get you some Cliff Drive.

Cliff Drive Cliff Drive Cliff Drive Cliff Drive Cliff Drive Cliff Drive Cliff Drive Cliff Drive Cliff Drive Cliff Drive Cliff Drive Cliff Drive 
Drew D Neitzel

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:34:51 PM »
After bugging him for a while, Kyle Crews emailed me this letter (yesterday!) that he said he was going to mail out to all the qualifying participants...

Dear MPRA Bluebird Disc Golf Participant,
As a result of your excellent performance throughout the MPRA Region 4 Bluebird Disc Golf Series, this letter serves as your official invitation to the Regional Championship.  Eight participants from each division are invited to the Regional Championship which will take place on Saturday, September 17, 2011 at the Legacy Park Disc Golf Course in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. 
Registration for the Regional Championship will begin at 8:30 am, players meeting at 9:45 am, with first round play beginning at 10 a.m.  At the conclusion of the first round, there will be a 60 minute lunch break before beginning the second round.  Times will be posted at the registration pavilion on the day of the event. 
The Regional Championship is also the qualifying tournament for the State Championship which will be held on Saturday, October 8, 2011 in Marshall, Missouri.  Scores from the regional tournament alone will determine the top three players moving forward to the State Tournament.  Point totals from the previous qualifying tournaments do not carry over to the Regional Championship. 
Tournament buy in fees will remain the same as the previous tournaments.  However, all monies collected will be used to pay the top 50% of the field (cash or merchandise).  One dollar from each tournament buy in fee will also be returned to the hosting club.  In addition, a portion of the buy in fees from all previous tournaments was marked for the Regional Championship.  Any additional funds in this account will also be distributed evenly amongst all the divisions at the Regional Championship. 
Please confirm your participation in this tournament by Friday, September 9, 2011 either by email, kcrews@cityofls.net or phone, (816) 969-1582. If I do not hear from you by this date, the next player on the list will be invited.   
Thank you for your support of the first ever statewide MPRA Bluebird Disc Golf Tournament Series. 
Sincerely,

Kyle Crews
MPRA Bluebird Region 1 Tournament Director
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:48:27 PM by Jake B »

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:58:40 PM »
"Reply by September 9th"

I guess I'll be out there tomorrow morning then!