Author Topic: hate this course  (Read 4400 times)

acemaster

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: hate this course
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2011, 10:47:02 AM »
... Im done yes i know most disc golf courses will have poison ivy at one hole or another. No i wont stop playing courses that i haven't got poison ivy from. Yes i will probally play WW again. Yes i will skip hole 3/4 and 13 just for the sake of i dont want it again. This is the last thing i am posting on this topic ty very much for the fun convo.

HaterAde

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2011, 11:00:09 AM »
This is the last thing i am posting on this topic ty very much for the fun convo.

Ur welcum 4 the convo. ::)

Protip: Don't bring your lazy language style with you when you fill out job applications.

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »
I'm following up on the only useful post in this mildly amusing thread is to let acemaster (or any one else with an interest in making WW better) to contact me at 816.471.3472 or 816.914.0094 about poison ivy eradication (or other improvements) at Water Works.

Ace, all the courses under the KCFDC umbrella are primarily maintained by volunteers.  Nothing gets done at any course unless someone volunteers to step up and make it happen. So, would you like the poison ivy at WW killed off?  I assume, yes.  As such, you're welcome to organize a workday to tackle poison ivy there.  Contact the WW course committee to get it going.  The club will pay for the spray and the workday lunch.

The old saying goes: "If you're not a part of the solution, your part of the problem."

Cheers!
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2011, 01:45:02 PM »
I'm following up on the only useful post in this mildly amusing thread....

What? Wasting time when you should be working is useful.....  sort of...   ::)
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »
i will try to remove the poison ivy with machete, again. poison ivy has a weakness : direct sunlight. i am aware of hole 13, and hole 1, but don't expect any miracles on 3/4/5. also, there are wild strswberries on 14, and wild onions on 2. onions are like a$$holes, because some are shaped like onions. i tend to do my workdays in the morning, so watch out for freshly cut ivy soon at waterworks. brb

oh yeah - hey kmont what happened to the avatars? i'm not seeing them on my screen?
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2011, 04:43:29 PM »
I think haterade has some unresolved anger issuse's towards me. All he does is slander the things that I say. Twist and turns all the comment that i have said multiple times to make me look like a sh1t talker.   :-\ :-\

First off, Poision Ivy on the fringe of #13, is on the fringe not on the fairway.  There is IVY on almost every course, and you can find it if you lose your shot bad enough, or if a good shot hits in the right spot.  It grows eerywhere in our area, please don't disregard courses for ivy sake.

Secondly, I bet if you would work on asking for help in your game that many of the same people in here would be able to help out and improve so that you don't have such horrible errant shots that make you find ivy that may otherwise be hidden.

As for unresolved anger issues with Haterade, its not directed towards you, but you are correct in assuming he has some.  We have known this for years, and it has impacted his digestive system countless times.  I personally have issues with Haterade on many things, I am just fortunate enough to see him and confront him personally on this instead of bashing him in the forum.

The fact that you state its an opinion is fine, you are entitled to that opinion.  THe problem in my mond though stems from the title of the post, Hate this course.  By stating that topic, you are presenting an argument that many in a discussion forum feel the need to counter.  Although I enjoy WW, I don't think its the best in the world.  I think its a fine course and I appreciate it, but I appreciate it less this year than I have in years past.  That is mainly from the constant barrage of trash that others don't pick up around the course (pack out what you bring in please) and the trees that are being lost do to their age.

I am hopeful to make inroads to help these endeavors to help make WW a better course.  So I ask what would you do to make you not hate WW, given that Poison Ivy is going to be at every course, we reomve that component, what other features are you looking for that may alter your stance?

If your stance can't be altered, then for that I am sorry.  Those who can't learn to alter an opinion through education and conversation really have a limited viewpoint on our world as a whole and will lead to a very sheltered life not only in disc golf, but preventing you from experiencing joys and triumphs that would otherwise be neglected.

BTW, welcome to the forum over all at any rate, hopefully even with some of the comments directed more towards the betterment of opinion of WW you will still find useful information beyond that here to help your game improve, and people that may help you enjoy your daily life as well!

Jack ( a big time know-it-all with an attitude to match, but I have change my stance on many items over time.....)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »
I had a pickled scorpion in a glass Flintstones vitamin bottle my uncle caught for me in Texas when i was a kid. It was cool. I wonder what ever happened to it.

I drank it, it was at the bottom of a Tequilla bottle that Cindy gave me..... 8)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2011, 05:03:17 PM »
oh yeah - hey kmont what happened to the avatars? i'm not seeing them on my screen?

Not sure how I hadn't already noticed that... thanks for the heads up.   8)
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2011, 05:17:26 PM »
K-Mont to the rescue
Steven Disc Glover

HaterAde

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2011, 08:50:21 PM »
Dang, let me get out from under this here bus...

Anyway, my fellow angry disc golfer, acemaster, you need to rethink your stance on this whole Water Works thing. If that's the closest park to you, you're lucky as hell. Poison ivy sucks, but discs land in the stuff sometimes. Part of the game.

I also hope you don't take any of my snarky comments personally, as I don't even know you and was merely responding to comments on a message board. I'm sure you aren't this big a douche in real life. None of us are, right? Right?

Jack?

acemaster

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2011, 10:07:34 PM »
1. i played WW today it wasnt the course. as i stated before i was just pissed at poison ivy. im in college and i have to walk around with huge red spots on my arm with bumps aint the funest thing to do.

2. yes i went into the woods on hole 3 and 4 today wasn't scared to do so (wasn't even for my disc lol).

3. no i dont take things personally that is talked on forums cause i would hope that no1 takes what i say personally.

4. i will contact u rich to plan some work whether it be for poison ivy or trash pick up.

5. i normally aint such a bad player. i just have off shots its is rare for me to go into the woods on hole 4 (im a sidearm thrower) so i just grip locked it.

6. i hope no1 is mad at me cause i really dont like making enemy's that i don't know. lol

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2011, 12:34:13 AM »
He had me at Smithville !!! :-)
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2011, 09:58:21 AM »
I'm sure you aren't this big a douche in real life. None of us are, right? Right?

Jack?

I am probably bigger..... ???
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2011, 05:35:54 PM »
So it is my opinion that i "heart" water works and anyone who hates it is a communist and should be deported to connecticut and be sentenced to 5 years of message board flame war counseling with the almighty neckbeard. Just my opinion of course.

WTF is flame war counseling?  I live in New Hampshire. Everyone from Connecticut is an a$$hole and they can go straight to disc golf hell (that's where you have to play an eternity of disc golf on Prairie Center Hole #12 over and over and over again with Steeler Doug in a perpetual tornadic thunderstorm, and every single time he nails a long birdie putt and over-enthusiastically fist pumps while you are repeatedly raped by demons while engulfed in flames.)

im in college

Are you sure A$$master??? You sound like a complete dipsh!t. I bet you don't graduate. Unless you transfer to WLBU (Whiny Little B*tch University). JK, LOL!!!  :)  :)

not

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »
A little late to the party aren't we?
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist