Author Topic: summer leagues  (Read 1370 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
summer leagues
« on: April 03, 2006, 12:08:02 PM »
I was curious as to why Cliff Drive league is on Monday, when there is already a league on Monday in Olathe, and one at Rosedale for new players? It seems to me that Friday would have been a better day of the week for the Cliff Drive league.

Another question I had too; is the Cliff Drive league $5 with $1.50 going to the club just as the other KCFDC leagues are? I plan on attending some this summer and wondered about the format and payout.  

Come out to olathe tonight to kick off the summer league season. According to Bob the ACE fund is well over $500.

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
summer leagues
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 01:37:35 PM »
The thinking was that since these courses are at opposite ends of the city that they would not compete for the same group of players.  Last year Cliff had a Monday League that usually averaged about 5 players.  Friday was discussed but no one was available to run the Cliff League on Friday. I suspect we may have similar dual league nights as more courses open up in the next few years.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
summer leagues
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 12:39:32 AM »
Friday would compete with WyCo league...too many courses, not enough nights.  I'd be open to an Am league on Tuesdays, since Swope almost always defaults to Open only.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
summer leagues
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 09:15:16 AM »
I'd like to see a league out at Blue Valley, a lot of players seem to favor Saturday mornings which may include random doubles league. A regular presence of players out there will surely impact the park in a positive way.
espouse elucidation

denny

summer leagues
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 01:00:28 PM »
Actually, the last few years Swope has always had a strong am presence and, with the encouragement of those who have run league in the past, a growing female presence. The money divisions are usually less than half the players present.
Leagues can almost always use help to get people signed up.  If anyone has ideas of how it should be run, show up and offer to help. League should be for those who show up to play and support the course and club.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
summer leagues
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 09:43:24 PM »
Quote from: "denny"
Actually, the last few years Swope has always had a strong am presence

Well then, Denny, the other ams are showing up the nights I haven't tried.  I gave up on trying after mid-May last year, and probably only played 6 the year before, with many more tries at it.  I'm not going to donate Open, although the other Ams players went ahead and did so.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
summer leagues
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 10:33:45 PM »
look at the stats from tonight Steve......
:)

Remember Hot Summer Nights are not always the top choice for people to play DG, and that in the first few months and toward the end of the season with nice 60-75 degree weather, people want to get outside!!

Had 8 in Advanced tonight, you could have made 9......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Nicky p

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
summer leagues
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »
tuesday is the only night my buddy and i have off and plan to make it to many leagues and we will be playing am or untill we can be -11(9:00am still dreaming"
I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER"

tjringer

Swope & Ams
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 07:54:18 AM »
Although there was a larger turn out for the swope league on the 1st tuesdayof 2006, the 2004 and 2005 years were rather skimpy on the AM side.  Most nights there weren't enough ams to even open the division. Eupher showed up many nights only to leave when he couldn't open a division.