Author Topic: Hole 13  (Read 621 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Hole 13
« on: October 10, 2011, 08:03:42 AM »
I started clearing brush, sticker bushes, three hundred feet of four strand, 100 year old barbed wire fence, and locust trees last Tuesday evening. I worked three hours. I worked again Thursday evening for three hours. Worked again Saturday around five hours. Part way through the day Saturday, Cade Garrelts comes along playin a solo round. He drops his bag and jumps right in helping. We both worked again around five hours Sunday. Thanks Cade!

The current plan is to pull the super short pin and the corner pin and re-locate them in the new cleared zone to the west. That will give us a short pin placement (the current middle) at 286', a new middle placment at approximately 350', and a new long placement at approximately 505'.

The new placements are in a grove of honey locust and black locust trees. Did I mention I hate locust trees? We are attempting to make it as playable as possible. The long placement will be a rather tough three. It may even qualify as a legitimate par four.

I'll probably be posting a request for help on a workday in the next week or two. I'd estimate we are around 65% done with the clearing now.

spnachio

Re: Hole 13
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 04:47:12 PM »
let me know if we need any equipment(tools).  ive got a buudy who owns a lawn/landscape company.  i also have the #17 tag and would like to challenge you tom.  ill be playing the kcfdc tourny this weekend so if you got time im off wed and thurs night.  Ill be out there friday morning as well.  let me know

jeff ozorkiewicz

coops

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »
Let me know and I will hopefully be able to make it out to help.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:09:11 AM »
let me know if we need any equipment(tools).  ive got a buudy who owns a lawn/landscape company.  i also have the #17 tag and would like to challenge you tom.  ill be playing the kcfdc tourny this weekend so if you got time im off wed and thurs night.  Ill be out there friday morning as well.  let me know

jeff ozorkiewicz

Jeff,

I'll prolly take you up on the offer to help.

I may be able to play a round Thursday afternoon around 4:19. I have bag tag 14 and will play ya for it, and for some $ too if ya want. Of course I am a short, fat, old man, so it will be like taking candy from a baby for ya. I'll confirm I can make it out tomorrow morning. Anybody else reading this that wants a shot, bring it on.  :P 

coops

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 06:24:30 PM »
4:19 huh? I may be able to swing that... have to see how much work I have tomorrow.

spnachio

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 11:10:37 AM »
hey yall.  sick people at work will prevent me from playing tonight.  friday morning(8-9am)looks like my only play before this weekend. 13 looks  sweet.  nice shortcut to 14. looks like we lost a tree on 4, cool.  i saw 10/31 is first glow.  is any thing goin on monday nights until then?

Guth

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 01:01:17 PM »
Thanks Tom & company for improving 13. I can't wait to see it. The closest I have come to getting to play a round was when my 2 2yr old's skipped their nap and came down stairs with CDs in their hands (which was from the music collection I have for them to sleep with) saying "were ready to play disc golf".