Author Topic: Would love to join in the fun.. where do I begin?  (Read 483 times)

nscarritt

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Would love to join in the fun.. where do I begin?
« on: April 03, 2015, 03:43:13 pm »
Forgive me if I have done a poor job in searching/reading, but I haven't found out much about bag tags.  After finally getting to average even on most courses I've played and signing up for an AM tourney, I am wanting to get more into the competitive side.

Is anyone willing to be my mentor with helping me to understand all the finer workings of how leagues, bag tags, etc work?
DD Bag Tag: 168

Lifetime Average (since uDisc use began) +1.8

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Would love to join in the fun.. where do I begin?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 03:46:09 pm »
A perfect opportunity for bag tag #1.  ;)

Who has it?

MK

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 04:11:58 pm »
A perfect opportunity for bag tag #1.  ;)

Who has it?

Brian Cornelius had it as of Monday.
Mike Krueger

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 11:03:22 pm »
Welcome to the club ;)

http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=7909.msg62336#msg62336

The thread above has got some answers.

In short, join the club and get a bag tag for $25 bucks.

Zier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 09:47:14 pm »
nscarritt, what courses do you live near? What nights work best for you to play?

Bag tags were best explained already. $20 for a membership $5 for the bag tag. Every round you play with someone who has tags they should be in play. Some leagues will have "All-In" tag nights, the Friday Traveling League plays all-in all the time.  Others you'll only play tags on your card. You can challenge one other player off card if you're at the same league (they do not have to accept). You can get a membership and tag in person at Disc Golf World (And DD?) and you're on your way.

This is all the information you'll need to know to get started on leagues. Just show up, you'll see players congregating. Most leagues are starting closer to 5:30 for the month of April, but will shift towards 6:00 as daylight allows.

http://kcfdc.org/2015-kcfdc-leagues/

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 10:12:26 am »
Unless he lost it yesterday, Brian Cornelius still has number 1 and George Rousis has 2, and in case you're interested, I have 210 :D
Crispian Lynn Paul PDGA #67456
KCFDC Board of Directors Secretary
Kansas City Disc Golf Diva
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

Play golf. Move around. It's cool.

nscarritt

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 12:51:47 pm »
nscarritt, what courses do you live near? What nights work best for you to play?

Bag tags were best explained already. $20 for a membership $5 for the bag tag. Every round you play with someone who has tags they should be in play. Some leagues will have "All-In" tag nights, the Friday Traveling League plays all-in all the time.  Others you'll only play tags on your card. You can challenge one other player off card if you're at the same league (they do not have to accept). You can get a membership and tag in person at Disc Golf World (And DD?) and you're on your way.

This is all the information you'll need to know to get started on leagues. Just show up, you'll see players congregating. Most leagues are starting closer to 5:30 for the month of April, but will shift towards 6:00 as daylight allows.

http://kcfdc.org/2015-kcfdc-leagues/

I can make a lot of nights... Swope and Rosie are great in terms of proximity.  I'll look into those.  I picked up a DD bag tag and will be on the look out for others that have those.. otherwise I suppose I'll need to start doing league nights!
DD Bag Tag: 168

Lifetime Average (since uDisc use began) +1.8

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 01:40:38 pm »
Unless he lost it yesterday, Brian Cornelius still has number 1 and George Rousis has 2, and in case you're interested, I have 210 :D

Brian defended it.  It went to league and Cade took it home with a well deserved win.  Nice meeting you Crispian.  If you and Matt want to throw sometime let me know. 
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."