Author Topic: Bag Tag Rules  (Read 5988 times)

Dale W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Bag Tag Rules
« on: October 11, 2011, 07:46:30 PM »
The Kansas City Flying Disc Golf Club Tag System Rules 2007

1. Tags must be attached to bags in a visible location and carried at all times.

2. You MUST play with other tag holders on your card at any KCFDC event. Off-card challenges should be limited to one individual choice, you can accept or decline off-card challenges.  Off-card challenges will be settled after on-card challenges.

3. You may not hide or withhold a tag when you have a lower number.

4. If you have to leave during a challenge round for any reason you will forfeit your tag and graciously accept the highest numbered tag in the group.

5.  If you lose your tag you may be able to PURCHASE a new one depending upon availability, you must also notify a member of the EC if tag 1-10 is lost.

6. If you have a tag you must try to play in one club event each month.

I am attempting to educate myself on Tag Rules as this is the first year I will be a member/participating with tags.  I am sure other new members are wondering the same things as I am:

1) Are these rules still accurate?  If not, what are the changes and are they published anywhere?

2) What is the "out of town" challenge rules? 

Thanks in advance for the clarification.
Sorry to hear about your luck!!!   :P

coops

Re: Bag Tag Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 08:18:41 PM »
Yes, except 6 really isn't true too much.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 11:31:22 AM »
#6's concern was for those holding the first several tag #'s.
Steven Disc Glover

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 09:22:39 AM »
This might of been answered before, but are the 2012 tags in play once you get one or do you have to use the 2011's until the end of the year? Just wondering.

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 10:10:58 AM »
well most people that have lower 2011 tags will say that they will only play 2012 tags now that they have one
the ones that have low 2012 tags will say that when it is 2012 they will play for that tag

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »
rule 1, keep your most current tag on your bag - it's always in play for casual rounds, leagues and tourneys- if you don't want to lose your tag, shoot better than your opponents, it's just a game, not a sport.
rule 2, make an off card challenge, it's more fun for everyone.
rule 3, if you're not golfing regularly why the flock did you getta tag to begin with?
espouse elucidation

The Big Smooth

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 11:01:14 AM »
Yeah I think there needs to be clarification by the club as to what year tags are in play when. It seems kind of obvious that if you have a 2012 tag that the 2011 season is over. Granted I am talking about beer league now but they posted a picture where they were playing for 2011 and 2012 tags. To me that would be kind of like contesting the 2011 and the 2012 world series of poker at the same time. When one ends the other begins, right? If the club wanted golfers playing for the 2011 tags why did they spend the money on 2012 tags so early?

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 11:10:45 AM »
Why are the 2012 cars out in September? ;D

THe championship determines the initial offering of the tags, and therefore shiould be viewed as the "new year" for tags after the meeting when they are distributed.

You can always play for older tags, but I would think that you would want to keep it in the same year.  The tags this year with the varying historical icons on them may be a little more collectable to some though.

As for the tags in play, the rules were morphed that the top 10 were supposed to be played in league once a month, this is why the league sheets and some scorecards have TAG # on them, to track the tag to ensure that its not being used as a dust collector at home.

Though I took #3 from St. Louis, and Dan had #12 from there in 2006 I think, and brought it home, so sometimes it is impossible to prevent.  I did return to St. Louis though and played and left with #78, they were much happier that day then when I left with #3...
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:07:23 PM »
Can someone post all of the rules? Having only been a member of the club since this past summer, I didn't know all of the rules with regards to tags. Since I have the 2012 #10 tag, clearly there are some rules such as when they came into play that I didn't know. I just assumed it would become effective January 1. I will be sure to get my tag out there. Thanks for the help.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

LKillian

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 03:28:25 PM »
Here is the most basic of tag rules.

Don't be a pussy, if its on your bag then play for it.

Don't want to play for it, take it off your bag and come up with some pussy excuse of why you don't have it.

In general don't be a puss.
Cooter was here.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »
I know you aren't calling me a puss Lee. You know better, and are welcome to challenge at any time.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 04:40:56 PM »
There are no set rules other than:

Tags are in Play during all KCFDC Leagues or Tournaments (on card only, though off cards are welcome)

These are 2012 Tags that are given out in 2011.  Your choice.  Play with the 2011 or 2012 or both.

If you decline a challenge you may be called a wuss until further notice.

If you have a lower rated tag you should put it in play at least 2-3 per month.  Not just with your buddies (olathe ahem)
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 05:00:28 PM »
Can someone purchase enough tags to get all the available variety?
Steven Disc Glover

LKillian

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 04:26:04 PM »
I would never call you a puss Jordan, Now i might say that you throw like a pussy, but that is different.

I usually don't slum down with the double digits ;D, but if You would like to challenge me for the number 6. I can be found slightly impaired sundays at swope. You might have to dodge discs for a solid four hours, but i'll be easy pickens for ya.
Cooter was here.

Danny Rodriguez

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
i admitt this is nit-picky.    is there a general consensus on how to handle a bag tag in the event of a tie in a casual round?  do you/should you have a sudden death playoff or do you just tell the guy sorry you had 18 holes to win, better luck next time?

just curious,    i lost my 24 tag in sudden death and apparently i'm still not over it.