Author Topic: Bag Tag Rules  (Read 5644 times)

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bag Tag Rules
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 12:12:13 PM »
I don't play bag tags all that often.  But generally I've heard that ties after the round means no change of bag tags.  However, for casual rounds you need to define what's a round is .... 9, 18, 27 or whatever. 

Dale W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »
To lose the lower tag (1 for example), the higher tag (2 for example) would have to win the round.  If it's a tie, the higher tag didnt win so no tags are exchanged.
Sorry to hear about your luck!!!   :P

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »
    i lost my 24 tag in sudden death and apparently i'm still not over it.

Sounds like you got suckered...  If you were playing an 18 hole round and the round ended in a tie no tags change hands. Unless, of course, you both agreed to keep playing until tags changed hands... but considering the fact that the one person that will lose the lower tag has nothing to gain by continuing....  you got suckered....  Basically, if you were sporting #24 and the other guy has #240 and you finished 18 holes in a draw he didn't win your tag. To have kept playing you would have had to agree in advance (before the round) to not allow a draw.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 04:27:44 PM »
Was HeWho involved?  :D
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

BenC

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 07:58:09 AM »
Here is the most basic of tag rules.

Don't be a pussy, if its on your bag then play for it.

Don't want to play for it, take it off your bag and come up with some pussy excuse of why you don't have it.

In general don't be a puss.

If the only people you give a challenge to is your family, why did you get a tag in the first place?

Dale W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 04:06:58 PM »
I beat you the second round anyway, so it didnt matter, did it?

BenC

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 08:54:50 AM »
You have had the #8 tag for a month.  In that time you have only defended it once against someone other than a family member and there were some shenanigans after that when the tag was GIVEN back to you, not won.
 It is your prerogative on the off card challenges you accept, but only accepting them from family members “to keep the tag in the family”, your words, is kind of weak.
 If I had known I was dealing with Cerberus I wouldn’t have even asked about the tag after the first round Saturday.  To be told that it doesn't matter that we were on the same card it wasn’t an official tag challenge because we weren’t in Kansas City, again weak.
 Yes, you are correct, you would have left Lamoni with the #8 tag because you won the second round and I would have given you the off card challenge that is how it works.  But to try to justify the BS you guys pulled by saying you won the second round so it didn’t mater.  Weak, weak, weak.
If you would like we can continue our discussion offline.

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 08:58:18 AM »
Bring the #8 to Swope tonight!

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 09:50:38 AM »
If you're at a PDGA event out of town and someone from KC is on your card, the tag IS in play.

total d**k move otherwise.  very weak sauce.

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 10:29:08 AM »
If you're at a PDGA event out of town and someone from KC is on your card, the tag IS in play.

yep.  doesnt matter if you are in kc or japan, casual round or tourney.  if you have a kc tag or any tag that is the same kind as any other person on your card, they should be in play.  if not, you are a COWARD and you have wasted your money and the person's you are refusing to compete against.  thanks for the donation to the club and all, but the only challenges possibly not accepted should be off-card challenges and doubles rounds.
Drew D Neitzel

BenC

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 02:14:08 PM »
Dale is not a coward.  Get to know him before using that word to describe him.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »
sand-taggers, i've got 56
espouse elucidation

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 03:08:19 PM »
Dale is not a coward.  Get to know him before using that word to describe him.

Hoarding a bag tag is weak sauce.  Period.  Coward or not.

Learn and bide the rules if you want to play the game.

Besides, why hoard the tag?  For bragging rights?  If your game isn't strong enough to defend it, how does having a low tag make you feel good or proud of yourself?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:09:58 PM by phisherman_77 »

CJW

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 03:50:26 PM »
Lets say I have tag #1 and I want to challenge the whole Wacky WYCO league. What is the best way to do that?   
Caleb Walker

Dale W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 03:55:37 PM »
You have had the #8 tag for a month.  In that time you have only defended it once against someone other than a family member and there were some shenanigans after that when the tag was GIVEN back to you, not won.
 It is your prerogative on the off card challenges you accept, but only accepting them from family members “to keep the tag in the family”, your words, is kind of weak.
 If I had known I was dealing with Cerberus I wouldn’t have even asked about the tag after the first round Saturday.  To be told that it doesn't matter that we were on the same card it wasn’t an official tag challenge because we weren’t in Kansas City, again weak.
 Yes, you are correct, you would have left Lamoni with the #8 tag because you won the second round and I would have given you the off card challenge that is how it works.  But to try to justify the BS you guys pulled by saying you won the second round so it didn’t mater.  Weak, weak, weak.
If you would like we can continue our discussion offline.

Do you really want to go here?  I can describe SEVERAL of your BS antics regarding keeping tags in YOUR family or trying to get this one back that you have pulled that are even WEAKER than this one.  You really need to look in the mirror, act your AGE, and learn how to enter scores on your phone app before you start talking sh*t to me about this crap.

The way the original rules read that I posted state "a KCFDC league event".  Dick Parker's post a little further down states "KCFDC league or tounament"  If I misinterpereted that, then my bad.

yep.  doesnt matter if you are in kc or japan, casual round or tourney.  if you have a kc tag or any tag that is the same kind as any other person on your card, they should be in play.  if not, you are a COWARD and you have wasted your money and the person's you are refusing to compete against.  thanks for the donation to the club and all, but the only challenges possibly not accepted should be off-card challenges and doubles rounds.

I have been called alot of things in my life, but never a coward.  Unless you have defended your country in enemy territory, dont even THINK about calling me that again because you are enjoying the ability to play this game by people like me.  If you have defended this country in enemy territory, then we can have a different talk off the disc golf course and determine who is the coward.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:01:40 PM by Dale W »