Author Topic: Bag Tag Rules  (Read 5531 times)

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bag Tag Rules
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »
I think that's the purpose of this thread.

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 09:56:52 PM »
All this fighting makes me laugh...
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395
IN MEMORY OF MY FALLEN BROTHERS... THE MOST RECENT SGT. BRANTLEY THANK A SOLDIER SINCE YOU CAN PLAY DISC BECAUSE OF THEIR SACRIFICES

CJW

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »

Caleb,  yeah,  first you have to keep it 'til Friday.  Then just do as Wink did, announce before the round that #1 is up for grabs for the best score of the entire league.  On card challanges for you are null and void for the round.
[/quote]

I was thinking we could put all the tags in, and  disperse them according to score.   
Caleb Walker

spnachio

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 11:41:02 AM »

Caleb,  yeah,  first you have to keep it 'til Friday.  Then just do as Wink did, announce before the round that #1 is up for grabs for the best score of the entire league.  On card challanges for you are null and void for the round.

I was thinking we could put all the tags in, and  disperse them according to score.
[/quote]

All in bag tags. If you have to leave quick after league, then dont put in.  For us dudes that never cash, it gives a little something to keep interest.

On another topic: Dale is cool get off his nuts

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »
Here's a scenario I wanted to know how to handle.  Say there are 3 players with bag tags playing on a card in league.  Tag #'s 4, #50, and #260.  Say the #50 and #260 tie (both shoot 54), but both players beat the #4 bag tag holder (shot 56).  Who gets the #4 tag?  Clearly the former #4 who shot 56 gets #260 in this scenario.  But I couldn't figure out who gets the lowest tag since both of the other players have a claim to it. 

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »
Here's a scenario I wanted to know how to handle.  Say there are 3 players with bag tags playing on a card in league.  Tag #'s 4, #50, and #260.  Say the #50 and #260 tie (both shoot 54), but both players beat the #4 bag tag holder (shot 56).  Who gets the #4 tag?  Clearly the former #4 who shot 56 gets #260 in this scenario.  But I couldn't figure out who gets the lowest tag since both of the other players have a claim to it.

The person with #50 gets #4 and the #260 holder goes to #50 (still a pretty nice jump). Basically, whoever had the lower tag among the two that tied for the lowest tag gets the lowest tag. That seems like the way to handle it to me.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2012, 11:10:15 AM »
I agree with with that logic.
Jim Sherwood

spnachio

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2013, 05:03:02 PM »
So I just wanted to see how everyone play tags. I play my current(2013) till the end of the year. I will also play my 2014 when I buy one at club elections. I thought maybe waiting till Ice Bowl to play 2014 but I ALWAYS play for tag, so from now till end of year I'll play for both. What do yall like to do with tags?

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2013, 05:11:45 PM »
So I just wanted to see how everyone play tags. I play my current(2013) till the end of the year. I will also play my 2014 when I buy one at club elections. I thought maybe waiting till Ice Bowl to play 2014 but I ALWAYS play for tag, so from now till end of year I'll play for both. What do yall like to do with tags?
I just leave it to the discretion of everyone on the card. In my opinion, its for fun any way. Ill even put my '12 tag on the line if someone wants to play for it  ;D
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2013, 07:58:56 AM »
Technically, the 2014 don't need to be in play until 2014. I typically will not take mine out until then. Also with all the local minis being doubles I rarely play singles rounds.

That being said. Do whatever you want.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

GrandviewAshton

• Novice Poster
  • I'm new, but I'll throw some
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »
OK I'm new what the fiddle sticks is a bag tag? what's the low number mean,what's a high number, shouldiI attempt to find a bag tag? are they expensive as I suck and if I get one I'll probably have to replace it a lot do they sell em in bulk? do they have pictures and all different or something on them? just looking for clarification
Sucking at something is just the first step at becoming kinda ok at it

Zier

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2014, 10:08:35 PM »
It's essentially a rating system. Tag #1 means you're really good. Tag #328 (my tag) means you just bought one a couple weeks ago, haven't played anyone for it, or I suck. All three are true. Does anyone have a tag number higher than mine? I'll play them for it. If I can't be first, I may as well be last.

You can buy them for $5 from Disc Golf World in KC. They have a bottle opener on them, so they're versatile.

Any time you play a round with someone else with a bag tag you're supposed to "wager" them. Low score on the round takes the lowest bag tag, highest the highest bag tag, and everyone else in between.  The rules are likely on page 1.

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2014, 04:55:52 PM »
You have to be an active member of the KCFDC to buy a bag tag. Memberships can be purchased at Disc Golf World and Dynamic Discs. You can also sign up online: http://kcfdc.org/membership/join/

It's essentially a rating system. Tag #1 means you're really good. Tag #328 (my tag) means you just bought one a couple weeks ago, haven't played anyone for it, or I suck. All three are true. Does anyone have a tag number higher than mine? I'll play them for it. If I can't be first, I may as well be last.

You can buy them for $5 from Disc Golf World in KC. They have a bottle opener on them, so they're versatile.

Any time you play a round with someone else with a bag tag you're supposed to "wager" them. Low score on the round takes the lowest bag tag, highest the highest bag tag, and everyone else in between.  The rules are likely on page 1.
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com