Author Topic: Disc Golf Journal  (Read 907 times)

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
Disc Golf Journal
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:47:42 AM »
Hey folks!

Anybody have links, tips, best-practices on where I can get a Disc Golf Journal. You know, something for writing scores, notes, etc.

Here's an example (but in silly ball golf format): http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Golf-Journal-Lisa-Bach/dp/081185891X

I'm looking at getting a plain or ruled Moleskine: http://www.moleskine.com/catalogue/classic/notebooks/

However, I was looking for something like the moleskine with a scorecard built in! I dont want info on club selection and how many putts I took on the green..

lastly, what does everyone keep track of in their journal :D if its not confidential
I want to keep: shot selection, disc selection, course info, opponent info, scores, weather, events....!
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Disc Golf Journal
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »
just post everything you do here on the message board. i think thats what loomis does.
putt, putt, give.

Loomis

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 04:50:10 PM »
Ha. Thanks. I'm trying to quit.

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »
Greg, I know that it isn't hard copy, but I use Easy Scorecard App on my Android phone.  It keeps all of that information you listed and more.  It has both golf and disc golf modes and the disc golf portion is totally for disc golf not just some ball golf knock off.  It does estimated round ratings and overall player ratings, scores, averages, and allows for personal notes on every hole. It allows for customization and if your are inclined it is social network friendly if you want to post your info (tweet your ace?)   It has more features then I care to name or that others would care to read.
Jim Sherwood

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 12:43:24 AM »
I just put them in an excel spreadsheet (makes it easy to get hole-by-hole or round-by-round averages).  I also occasionally use www.discgolfscene.com which keeps track of your scores on the courses you play.

Of course to do either of those you have to keep track while playing (either in your head or on a notepad or whatever) but that's what I've found that works for me.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 10:06:01 AM »
Gary Brinkmeyer has every round, every hole, every weather variant he has ever played I believe........scratch paper unsure if goest to a "electric box" method beyond that
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

MedicineMan

• Am Poster
  • Master Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Jedis R Us
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 12:55:10 PM »
I just use a small little notepad and keep my scores, then transfer them to dgcoursereview.com   That site is the shiznit for tracking scores and what not.  If you need help let settin it up let me know.
KCFDC #1256
PDGA #47034

May the Force be with You.

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 09:53:57 AM »
Gary Brinkmeyer has every round, every hole, every weather variant he has ever played I believe........scratch paper unsure if goest to a "electric box" method beyond that

And if you were ever able to get your hands on it, you would NEVER be able to translate it.  I've seen a lot of code in my life, but, have never been able to make heads or tails out of any of that scratch he puts down....lol
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
Offtopic buttttt......

MedicineMan -- I love the Deranged Hermit Avatar. Used to play him in a mean elf deck back when Legacy was in 1.5

Peace!
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

MedicineMan

• Am Poster
  • Master Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Jedis R Us
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 07:17:18 AM »
Offtopic buttttt......

MedicineMan -- I love the Deranged Hermit Avatar. Used to play him in a mean elf deck back when Legacy was in 1.5

Peace!

I built my Squirrel deck around him.  Hope to see you on the course again, Junior.
KCFDC #1256
PDGA #47034

May the Force be with You.