Author Topic: 2012 BAG TAG RESULTS  (Read 5345 times)

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 BAG TAG RESULTS
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 10:52:56 AM »
That's not really all that practical, since there is no guarantee that the top 30 tags will be circulated like they're supposed to.   Low bag tags sometimes have a way of disappearing for long periods of time.

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 12:59:39 PM »
One idea is to suggest/encourage/support "all-ins" at leagues once in a while.  That is, everyone tosses there bag into the hat. Then tags get redistributed based on that evenings scores.

As a group, we decided to do this at Swope league a couple of times this year...worked well.
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 01:45:23 PM »
HanThrolo: Do you mean for the 2011 tags or the new 12' ones?
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Hanthrolo

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 02:27:50 PM »
I just really like the concept of the bag tag challenge and I unfortunately dont get to defend or challenge for a tag as often as I would like.  I was referring to any given year, and speaking out of my desire to play more disc golf.  I guess I need to get into the circles that rotate the tags around.  I am always up for a challenge!!

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »
I bet I dont keep my 41 very long!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

WrongfulLeaf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
I know one place where it is always an all in for bag tags, and it's on the weekend........Beer League  ;)

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 10:49:38 PM »
gang golf = all on same card
espouse elucidation

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 07:51:14 AM »
One idea is to suggest/encourage/support "all-ins" at leagues once in a while.  That is, everyone tosses thier bag tag into the hat. Then tags get redistributed based on that evenings scores. 

I like this idea, and we used it in Colorado for all leagues....However I will admit, it sucks to have to wait around when you shoot a sh1tty round, for all the slowpokes to finish their rounds....
Joe Hesting

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 08:55:24 AM »
One idea is to suggest/encourage/support "all-ins" at leagues once in a while.  That is, everyone tosses thier bag tag into the hat. Then tags get redistributed based on that evenings scores. 

I like this idea, and we used it in Colorado for all leagues....However I will admit, it sucks to have to wait around when you shoot a sh1tty round, for all the slowpokes to finish their rounds....

exactly
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 09:28:48 AM »
I do know that a buddy of mine in Tulsa, Dough Duff, runs an event annually down there that's called, well, The Tulsa Bag Tag Challenge.  I don't have the specifics on what all happens during the event, other than challenging for tags, but I can definitely get him to let me know what all happens during that event.
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 09:44:12 AM »
It isn't hard to run a bag tag event. You just need someone to do it.  You can charge more up front for the tags (which we do not do.  We charge people the cost of the tags) and use that money to payout at the end of the year, or you can do a buy in tournament.  Or a free one for that matter .  What we have done here is have the tag challenge to kick the year off vs end the year.  The tags any more have become a fun side bet that doesn't cost money.  We use to have rules and such, but no one follows them anyway so we just do it because its fun.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »
It isn't hard to run a bag tag event. You just need someone to do it.  You can charge more up front for the tags (which we do not do.  We charge people the cost of the tags) and use that money to payout at the end of the year, or you can do a buy in tournament.  Or a free one for that matter .  What we have done here is have the tag challenge to kick the year off vs end the year.  The tags any more have become a fun side bet that doesn't cost money.  We use to have rules and such, but no one follows them anyway so we just do it because its fun.

I totally understand.  Just thought I'd throw that out there for those that want something to chew on....lol  ;D
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 10:48:05 AM »
One thing I know a lot of people forget is that when they DNF a round they are supposed to take the highest tag on the card if they don't already possess it so their lower tag stays with the card. This happened to me at WW this summer someone bailed early taking their lower tag with them... Joe.....   :'(   I could have had my lowest tag all summer....  Oh well....  I would have just lost it the next round I played anyway....   ::)

I think bag tags are a great thing to have in play. They can add a competitive edge to even the most casual round just for fun. Most of my rounds this summer were loosely based around the bag-tag challenge. It's about fun but keeps it competitive in a fun way. And when something happens like the DNF at WW it's really no big deal....   8)

But building a formal event around them hasn't ever caught on here in KC. We tried it the first year we did bag tags and it kind of fell flat so no one pushed for it again. I like the idea of just keeping it light with regards to bag tags. It makes for a nice souvenir to remember the season once it's all over too.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 12:11:40 PM »
One thing I know a lot of people forget is that when they DNF a round they are supposed to take the highest tag on the card if they don't already possess it so their lower tag stays with the card. This happened to me at WW this summer someone bailed early taking their lower tag with them... Joe.....   :'(   I could have had my lowest tag all summer....  Oh well....  I would have just lost it the next round I played anyway....   ::)

That was the worst round I have been a part of all summer, not for my game, but with Dick and the guy from Oklahoma bickering all round, i couldn't help but leave... if you would have reminded me, I would have definitely left it for you....I care about this much (picture my fingers pressed together) about tags anyway, because nothing ever comes from them the end of the year, and it does seem the low tags seem to disappear about half way through the year ???

We need a better way to track them through out the year, that way anybody can go win that sucka when they want.

BTW, if you still want my #8, it belongs to Brock Barrett now, and I am sure he is defending it fiercely in the disc golf heavens.

Joe Hesting

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 12:40:25 PM »

That was the worst round I have been a part of all summer, not for my game, but with Dick and the guy from Oklahoma bickering all round, i couldn't help but leave... if you would have reminded me, I would have definitely left it for you....I care about this much (picture my fingers pressed together) about tags anyway, because nothing ever comes from them the end of the year, and it does seem the low tags seem to disappear about half way through the year ???

We need a better way to track them through out the year, that way anybody can go win that sucka when they want.

BTW, if you still want my #8, it belongs to Brock Barrett now, and I am sure he is defending it fiercely in the disc golf heavens.

I was just messing with you.  ;D 'tweren't no big deal...  But thanks for acknowledging it...  Brock deserves it more than me.....  That was an odd round to be sure...   :o

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org