Author Topic: Fox Hill DGC work day with a 25 man crew from Messengers Lawn Care  (Read 456 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
For the last couple years funding for a school course in NKC school district has been under way at 106 and N Antioch. This  is a 35-40k project with all the construction required and the 8K raised could of never funded what we have accomplished thus far.  I have not posted much about the progress of this course but i have to give a shout out to Messengers Lawn Care.   They have been involved from the beginning and have donated heavy machinery countless times along with skilled drivers whenever we rent a deforester or whenever we need dirt work.  A couple months ago they brought out a battalion of workers with chain saws, a skid, and a chipper.  Today, Messengers donated even more mass labor.  There were  25 workers out today with 5 dedicated professional chainsaw workers,   a tractor and brush hog, a stump grinder, a dumb truck, a skid, a chipper, and 18 laborers who were pulling debris to the mulcher and stacking wood.  Messengers has donated thousands of dollars to this project and their crew worked really hard today.  This crew came in today and cleaned house and put us  much closer to getting the deforester back in to concentrate on grinding out stumps instead of cleaning and clearing anymore.  So if you live in Kansas/Missouri(near Kansas border) and have a lawn care provider, please consider Messengers for your lawn care needs.   Please support Messengers, Gail the owner, will not disappoint.  Messengers is responsible for making disc golf better in KC and  Fox Hill will not disappoint. 

Projected opening date will be May 2012.

Other notable groups donating time and money
Damon Pursell Construction
Platte City Bobcat for discounted Deforester fees
Discs Unlimited for discounted DB5 baskets

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
Re: Fox Hill DGC work day with a 25 man crew from Messengers Lawn Care
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 07:52:29 AM »
yessir, i stopped by yesterday, and watched with amazement as those guys did their thang, being an old man now, i left, there was clearly lots being done, and nothing i could volunteer for, those guys truly rock!
espouse elucidation

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:57:46 AM »
Eat your heart out Suburban Lawn and Garden.
Steven Disc Glover

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:02:08 PM »
show some respect for what bill stueck has done for local disc golf and kc charities with thornfield. this is the same suburban who is working with us to provide trees, at a discount, for some of the courses we all play.
cheers to messengers and everyone else who donates so generously to the sport!
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 02:56:13 PM »
Not taking back my zing!