Author Topic: I'm in Denver/Boulder  (Read 370 times)

kchippie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
I'm in Denver/Boulder
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:39:35 PM »
Hey I'm here in the Denver area, where should I go play in the morning?  I don't mind driving a lil, I will have about 5 hours to waste in the morning.  Thanks for the help.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my brand new disc the most.

HaterAde

Re: I'm in Denver/Boulder
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 05:45:34 AM »
First thing I would do while in Denver is check out the wares in the Beauty & Health section of the Denver Craigslist. Sorry, never played any of their courses...

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:53:56 AM »
If you are willing to drive  some Beaver Ranch/ Conifer Park is a great example of a mountain course.  Very well maintained and something totally different then what we have in Kansas City.  It is always a top ten on Disc golf course review.
Jim Sherwood

Loomis

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »
What sort of course do you like to play? Denver is a city of extremes. You have a tiny, yet super challenging Johnny Roberts in Arvada. It's not long at all, but it is tough. Lots of locals eat this course up.

If you want wide open, this town has that in abundance, however, at elevation, what you're throwing now won't work the same way you're use to. Less Stable is much more stable now. So if you choose bomber course like Bird's Nest or Interlocken. Those are fine.

The town has a ton of disc golf, but if you want to see some premiere courses... Head up to Conifer and Beaver Ranch. Super tough, lots of elevation and it's pretty. They are the kind of courses you play just because they're famous.

Have fun... I know there is a website that was helpful for me Mile High Disc Golf... Go check that out.