Author Topic: Westward expansion  (Read 2117 times)

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Westward expansion
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 01:53:25 PM »
Are there plans to realign/move hole 15's pad to better accommodate a direct approach at the new pin over the pond?
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »
I was wondering the same thing. Is the sidewalk OB? It seems like that thicket of trees on the corner might need some trimming, or it's going to get trampled.

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »
I think the thicket of trees immediately to the right of the pin along the waters edge need trimming.  That's a real risk to go for it from a straight slight fade angle.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 06:22:17 AM »
Andy and I both broke our chainsaws during the work on 12, 13, & 14, but we will be working on the pond when we get our saws fixed and our shoulders, backs, and minds recover.

We were letting the public do some of the clearing by trample action, and it will gradually get cleaner. We would have mowed down more of the area but there are booku rocks sticking out that would damage the mower. The tree left of 15's pad we will prolly cut back to allow a cleaner drive. Adjusting pad alignment/location is an option, and we are mulling over a few adjustmenst. It may be we take a few months off and see how things play over the summer before changing much more.

I'm gonna be out today to either work on 14 and 15 some more, or change out the steel numbers on the tee signs, or maybe I'll just play, cause all work and no play makes Tommy a dull boy. If anybody wants to work a while wit me and then play a round or two before the big game, I'll be out on 14 around 9:00.

We are constantly monitering the holes and dicussing improvements. Additional enhancements will be occurring over time. In fact, we have some ideas for future changes that will be sick.  8)

I am liking the new holes, and think we have improved the course quite a bit. Thanks again to all that were part of it.

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 07:22:35 PM »
Just played the new holes WITH the pads in place!
I talked to a city worker and he said they had just finished.
Definitely rough around the edges, but the work so far looks AWESOME!
Thanks to all the helping hands!

Me too, the new hole 13 is fun. So fun i lost my Striker over the creek. If anybody finds it i would appreciate a call back on it.

I dug it out of the creek today.  It was sticking straight up and down in the creek bed.  Just to let you know, the painted abrasive grip on the inside edge is a violation of PDGA Rule 802.01 C and this disc cannot be used in tournament play that is PDGA sanctioned.

I live in Lawrence, but will be playing Ram N' Salmon if you want to get it then.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 09:25:28 PM »

I dug it out of the creek today.  It was sticking straight up and down in the creek bed.  Just to let you know, the painted abrasive grip on the inside edge is a violation of PDGA Rule 802.01 C and this disc cannot be used in tournament play that is PDGA sanctioned.

I live in Lawrence, but will be playing Ram N' Salmon if you want to get it then.
[/quote]

Thanks man, i was playin there again today & couldnt find it....I am playin in the Ramn Salmon so i'll get it from you then. Not sure what painted abrasivee grip you speak of, I had sharpied over the guy's name i bought it from on C.L.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 09:52:19 PM »
& thanks a ton for finding it/tellin me about it. I really appreciate it!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson