Author Topic: Course Coordinator at WW  (Read 596 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Course Coordinator at WW
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »
The KCFDC is looking for someone to take over as the Course Coordinator for Water Works.  This person would have to be able to get along and work well with Bill Neenan.  I believe Bill is still interested in volunteering his help and giving back to WW.  So if you think you can handle Bill's super relaxed personality, and you would like to step up and make disc golf better, throw your name out.

The job requires work but no one is supposed to do all of the work.  The CC is a leader that is visible on the course, talks to new players and is an ambassador for the game and club, organizes works days when needed, organizes trash removal, and reports any concerns/wishes to the KCFDC Board. 

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
Re: Course Coordinator at WW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:25:14 PM »
I volunteered some time over the summer for the Wide Open and adopted a hole. As a full-time student, part-time employee and the animal shelter, I don't have too much free time on my hands. I can throw my name out as someone to come help when anything is needed. Sunday's are my free days and I live about 10 minutes away. It would take 10 men to do the same amount of work that Bill does. Hats off to him.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:27:53 PM by ian »

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »
concur
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:02:04 PM »
There is a Course Chair of a committee.  In turn that still makes them the overseer of that course but they now, hopefully, have a team in place.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

HaterAde

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 04:29:56 PM »
I nominate Danger. ;D

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 06:44:10 PM »
I thought Course Coordinators are defunct.  Or has that position been reinstated?

The whole course committee concept didn't really work out the way we had hoped.  While there will be a course coordinator this year for each course to act as a point of contact between the city and the board, we hope the coordinator would enlist people to help them on the course.

HaterAde

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 08:34:21 AM »
I thought Course Coordinators are defunct.  Or has that position been reinstated?

The whole course committee concept didn't really work out the way we had hoped.  While there will be a course coordinator this year for each course to act as a point of contact between the city and the board, we hope the coordinator would enlist people to help them on the course.

It did seem like 2011 was a quiet year for work days in comparison to the few years prior.