Author Topic: Kansas City Ice Bowl 2012- 25th Annual  (Read 7363 times)

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
Kansas City Ice Bowl 2012- 25th Annual
« on: December 14, 2011, 04:17:09 PM »
Registration for Kansas City's 25th Annual Ice Bowl is now open at Disc Golf World. You can download an entry form and a pledge sheet here: http://kcfdc.org/docs/kcib12reg-pledge.pdf. Pre-registering is always a good thing and most appreciated.

The Pledge Sheet is something new for this year. Hopefully, many Ice Bowl participants will ask their friends and family to help out by pledging money for each hole they play at Ice Bowl. In addition to supporting our long-time charity, Bishop Sullivan Center, we are also raising funds for Harvesters—the Community Food Network. Our goal for 2012 is $4000, which is about $1000 more from 2011.

As always, Ice Bowl is more about fun and charity than competition. However, the overall winner gets to keep the Ice Bowl traveling trophy for one year. Our current Ice Bowl champ is Leo DaPrato. Also for those who play the final nine, the winner of each card with the best 27-hole score will win a DX disc.

Similar to the way it was run last year, we'll have two shotgun starts on Saturday, January 28—at 10 am and 1:30 pm on the top course. We'll run a maximum of 108 (18 groups of 6) each round. We'll strive to accommodate all "I-want-to-play-with-someone-specific" requests. This year you can purchase and use mulligans on Saturday as well as Sunday. If there are fewer than 108 players for the afternoon round, people who played in the morning may play a second round for a $5 donation and use the better score for final-nine placement.

Sunday, January 29 will be the traditional Ice Bowl Celebration featuring pick-your-time-with-your-own-group rounds on either course teeing off from 8-10. The closest-to-the-hole contest will conclude around 2 pm. Lunch, which is provided by players bringing chili for the Chili Contest and other munchables to share begins at noon. The final nine hole round tees off around 2:30. To play the final round for a prize, you must have played one round on Saturday or Sunday morning.

We're looking for a person or a team of people who will work with me but will take responsibility for the lunch and the chili contest. This includes finding a generator or generators to power 30-40 crocks of chili, securing bowls and utensils, securing soft drinks, and suggesting or securing a cool prize for the Chili Contest winner. The KCFDC is producing this event and will pay for the what needs to be paid for.

Please consider donating a prize for the Closest-To-The-Pin Contest. This might be a gift certificate from your favorite restaurant or watering hole or some other business; disc golf goodies; movie or sporting event tickets; etc. It's a great place to re-gift those less-than-satisfying Christmas gifts!

If you want to help staff the event on either or both days, donate a prize, bring some chili or other food, please give me a call at 816.471.3472 or 816.914.0094 or shoot an email to rick@discgolfworld.com. Look for updates out here.

One more thing: here is link to a full-color KC Ice Bowl flier: http://kcfdc.org/docs/kcib12poster.pdf. Please post this wherever disc golfers or potential disc golfers gather.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:21:05 PM by Rick Rothstein »
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
rick@discgolfworld.com
www.discgolfworld.com

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City Ice Bowl 2012- 25th Annual
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:54:53 PM »
As the first to register, I can at least guarantee I'll be first at something this year.

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:48:29 PM »
69 in so far. Signing up early helps a lot. Stop by DGW to register soon.

Josh   Anderson
Caleb    Berciunas
Harold   Berciunas
Albert   Boetcher
Clint   Bourne
Peter   Bure
Steve   Carr
Pete   Cashen
Jonathan   Causey
Ron   Clampitt
Vince   Como
Ben    Crosby
Rhonda   Crosby
Matt   Crutcher
Brandon   Deerr
Tom   Demark
Bobby   Dietzel
Steve   Drw
Eric   Eastwood
Pete   Engleman
BJ   Font
Sean   Fountain
Graham   Fox
Cecil   Freeze
Sean   Gibson
Steve   Glover
Bryan   Hardin
Lloyd   Hardin
Carl   Harris
Pearson   Harris
Matt   Hayes
Juan   Henandez
Zeke   Henry
Dan   Howard
Caleb   Jarrett
Earl   Johansen
Eric   Kolkmeier
Brad   Lake
Andy   Lewis
Rich   Lodes
Cory   Lucas
Frank   Mangiaracina
Joseph   Mangiaracina
Kelly   Markum
Jason   McEwen
Bruce   McQueen
Jason   Meyer
Conner   Mitts
Jody   O'Keefe
Josh   Oothoudt
Brian   Pahls
Steve   Pfost
Greg   Pomering
Mike   Quiroga
Scott   Reek
Jim   Sherwood
Jordan   Shipers
Eric W   Smith
Van   Spratford
Shean   Stanton
Andrew   Walters
Dale   Walters
Mary   Walters
Bob   Ward
Andrew   Warren
Seth   Wolzen
Brian   Woodson
Sean   Wright
John   Wyman
Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
rick@discgolfworld.com
www.discgolfworld.com

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 11:21:19 PM »
"We're looking for a person or a team of people who will work with me but will take responsibility for the lunch and the chili contest. This includes finding a generator or generators to power 30-40 crocks of chili, securing bowls and utensils, securing soft drinks, and suggesting or securing a cool prize for the Chili Contest winner. The KCFDC is producing this event and will pay for the what needs to be paid for."

We are two weeks away from the 25th KC Ice Bowl, and we have a generator thanks to Glover. We have bowls, utensils, and napkins thanks to Hal. The club is taking care of drinks and the miscellaneous. Yours truly is going to head up the food portion of the event, but we still need somethings. First, crocks of chili! In the past years I have tasted quite the variety of chili from smoked everything to a green curry chicken chili. Bring out your chili, and we will have the rest. I am also looking for some judges with discerning palates  :D ;D Send me a message if you would like to volunteer your taste buds and subjectivity to chili and a good cause.

Dale W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 09:36:11 AM »
Which do you need more....chili or judges?  I can do either.  Was planning on bringing chili, but if you need a judge more, I'll help out with that instead. 
Sorry to hear about your luck!!!   :P

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 09:39:52 AM »
In all fairness a judge should never be in the contest.
Steven Disc Glover

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 09:42:52 AM »
Chili!

Which do you need more....chili or judges?  I can do either.  Was planning on bringing chili, but if you need a judge more, I'll help out with that instead.
Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
rick@discgolfworld.com
www.discgolfworld.com

HaterAde

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 11:29:21 AM »
I won't be attending this year, but will do what I can to help us reach our charitable goal. Is there an Ice Bowl Buzzz this year, Rick? If so, please set one aside for me and I'll swing the store by this week.

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 02:50:32 PM »
I won't be attending this year, but will do what I can to help us reach our charitable goal. Is there an Ice Bowl Buzzz this year, Rick? If so, please set one aside for me and I'll swing the store by this week.

Z-Buzzz or Cryztal Z Buzzz or ESP SuperColor Buzzz or one of each?

Thanks Mike...
Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
rick@discgolfworld.com
www.discgolfworld.com

Dale W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 08:31:25 PM »
Chili it is, then. 

In all fairness a judge should never be in the contest.

I agree...that is why I said I would do either/or....not both.
Sorry to hear about your luck!!!   :P

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 09:37:16 PM »
"We're looking for a person or a team of people who will work with me but will take responsibility for the lunch and the chili contest. This includes finding a generator or generators to power 30-40 crocks of chili, securing bowls and utensils, securing soft drinks, and suggesting or securing a cool prize for the Chili Contest winner. The KCFDC is producing this event and will pay for the what needs to be paid for."

We are two weeks away from the 25th KC Ice Bowl, and we have a generator thanks to Glover. We have bowls, utensils, and napkins thanks to Hal. The club is taking care of drinks and the miscellaneous. Yours truly is going to head up the food portion of the event, but we still need somethings. First, crocks of chili! In the past years I have tasted quite the variety of chili from smoked everything to a green curry chicken chili. Bring out your chili, and we will have the rest. I am also looking for some judges with discerning palates  :D ;D Send me a message if you would like to volunteer your taste buds and subjectivity to chili and a good cause.

Hey Eric, i dont really cook much chili but is it considered blasphemy for cheese, fritos, onions, etc. Or is that all ready gona be there?
"You really can sing and dance! " -- Whiskey

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 10:00:20 AM »
Folks, in the years that we have ran the chili contest we have not had a judge be a participant and this year will be no different.

I will work with Eric on this as we have had some solid judges in the past.

County Legislator Scott Burnett has been a big advocate for disc golf locally, and regionally, with support of us on several NPR shows has been a judge for 6 years running now.

Wayne St. Vincent has been doing the judging as well for the last 4 years, and wayne is a business owner in the area that has helped as well with reaching out to other businesses to help ensure our voice is heard.

We have a few others that have sprinkled the scenery, including the Director of our Charity, Tom Turner, other chef's have hit it as well....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

HaterAde

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 12:49:51 PM »

Z-Buzzz or Cryztal Z Buzzz or ESP SuperColor Buzzz or one of each?

Thanks Mike...

Just a standard Z-Buzzz, heaviest one you can find. Thank you, Rick!

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »
One short of 100 have now signed up. Keep em coming. Thanks.

Josh   Anderson
Caleb   Berciunas
Harold   Berciunas
Albert   Boetcher
Clint   Bourne
Jim   Burcham
Peter   Bure
Chris   Carr
Steve   Carr
Pete   Cashen
Jonathan   Causy
Ron   Clampitt
Vince   Como
Chase   Cooper
Ben   Crosby
Rhonda   Crosby
Matt   Crutcher
Brandon   Deerr
Tom   Demark
Steven   Dickman
Bobby   Dietzel
Mike   Dresser
Steve   Dresser
Steve   Drw
Eric   Eastwood
Sean   Elliott
Pete   Engleman
BJ   Font
Sean   Fountain
Graham   Fox
Cecil   Freeze
Kyle   Gardner
Sean   Gibson
Steve   Glover
Bryan   Hardin
Lloyd   Hardin
Kristian   Harmon
Carl   Harris
Pearson   Harris
Matt   Hayes
Juan   Henandez
Tom   Henderson
Zeke   Henry
Joseph   Hernanzez
Neill   Horton
Dan   Howard
Caleb   Jarrett
Earl   Johansen
Ted   Keith
Ian   Kloiber
Eric   Kolkmeier
Brad   Lake
Andy   Lewis
Rich   Lodes
Bret   Long
Jack   Lowe
Cory   Lucas
Frank   Mangiaracina
Joseph   Mangiaracina
Kelly   Markum
Jason   McEwen
Bruce   McQueen
William   Mersman
Jason   Meyer
Conner   Mitts
Bill   Neenan
Ryan   Nibert
Jody   O'Keefe
Josh   Oothoudt
Jeff   Ozorkowicz
Brian   Pahls
Steve   Pfost
Jerry   Pilarz
Greg   Pomering
Andy   Portwood
Mike   Quiroga
Scott   Reek
Matthew   Ryan
Michael   Ryan
Jim   Sherwood
Jordan   Shipers
Eric W   Smith
Van   Spratford
Shean   Stanton
Becky   Stebbins
John   Theiss
Jon   Thomas
Mike   Thomas
Andrew   Walters
Dale   Walters
Mary   Walters
Bob   Ward
Andrew   Warren
Seth   Wolzen
Brian   Woodson
Sean   Wright
John   Wyman
Suzie   Zell

Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
rick@discgolfworld.com
www.discgolfworld.com

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 06:06:42 PM »
Kelly,
I missed your post earlier, but to answer the club provides cheese, crackers, and usually Fritos as well. However, any food items you would like to contribute are always welcome. Our IceBowl doesn't collect food for a pantry, but instead gives cash to pantries. However, we do collect food to feed hungry disc golfers on what may be a cold day after all. Who knows around here though.

CHILI! CHILI! CHILI! CHILE! CHILLY! CHILI!