Author Topic: Better Google Maps  (Read 680 times)

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Better Google Maps
« on: December 16, 2011, 11:59:50 AM »
I noticed Google has updated their maps to a much higher resolution.  They are pretty recent too as you can see the new retaining wall on hole 7's pad and the new rock curbs along the drive.  also, you can almost read the graffiti in the reservoir.  just a few months ago, i was trying to update a map and you could barely make out where the tee pads were.  now, you can clearly see their shape as well as some of the baskets.   8)
Drew D Neitzel

HaterAde

Re: Better Google Maps
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 04:23:15 PM »
Noticed that the other day. Basically, the only pads not visible are the middle wooded holes.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 05:12:07 PM »
It's a little confusing though, with the pads 180 degrees off of the standard orientation.  ;D

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 09:27:08 AM »
you guys are the BEST!

Its actually from teh backwards brains of the design that caused this error..... ??? ::)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

HaterAde

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 05:12:53 PM »
We had nothing but the best intentions in mind when we put those pads in. The thinking at the time was that it was better to give players room to decide where to release than where to begin their run-up, crow hop, whatever you want to call it.

Funny thing is, if we had just made the pads 4' wide and 16' long, the rectangular shape it would've produced likely wouldn't have led to as much b%tching, despite a substantial reduction in surface area.

How many people who b%tch about these pads were present during their design and installation?;)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 07:10:54 AM »
Seems like the % of people who bioooooootch.......are the same % that always biooooootch.....

I personally enjoy the tees at cliff, the length of pad is the only killer when it comes down to it....not at cliff, just in general...uhmmm...phill.

Nobody is b%tching/complaining in this string about the Cliff Pads children.  ::) We are merely ribbing Jack.

I actually was at Cliff while the hole 1 pad was being formed and had conversations about the taper with Chappy and Jack prior to construction.

Personally I think they are exceptional pads, even though they are 180 degrees from the published standard orientation of a tapered tee. I don't have much of an opinion either way on whether the standard is better. When I first saw the standard, I really thought it was backwards, and the standard should be like Cliff's tees.

If you think P-Hills boxes are short, check out Pittsburg's Lincoln Park sometime.     

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 09:20:55 AM »
I'm like Mike Vick, I may take a lickingwith ribs cricking, but I'll still show up when I need to! :-X :P ::) 8) :o ;D :D ;) :)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 12:09:15 PM »
P&R are wtill working with me to "finish" the pads, and this is exactly part of my complaint.....so hopefully one of these days I can finally say the pads are truly done.....in time to add/remove locations though of course!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"