Author Topic: East vs West Team Championship  (Read 15074 times)

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: East vs West Team Championship
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 11:32:41 PM »

What I suggest for those wanting to play for money is to do so as match wagers.   Negotiate for a handicap on the wager.  For example, "Tank, I'll put $30 against your $50, you start out 4 down and even goes to me."  (of course negotiated wagers don't change the actual scratch match score)

Anyway, please post workable ideas for consideration.  I'd like to have this ironed out before the next board meeting.

Than it becomes high stakes and nothing about what it's supposed to be about...

I would vote winner take all! That's bragging rights!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 07:57:28 AM »
I'd like to see it with a big entry and big payout, with no charity involvement. I prolly won't participate myself if all the entry wager doesn't pay out to the winners.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 09:46:08 AM »
thank you tom! this is what competetive golf about, and i hope i can make the mo-team. sixty a head sounds fair, by the way. also, how about a must-field 2 ladies per team tracy? or field a couple of masters/grand and senior?
espouse elucidation

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 11:11:46 AM »
nevermind:

Each team will have 16 players. The teams will be comprised of 10 players from qualifying event(s), 4 Captains picks and 2 lottery winners.  Each team will carry 10 Open, 4 Masters(minimum) and 2 Women.

espouse elucidation

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 11:16:05 AM »
This is starting to sound like the Sandy Point Team Invitational in Lac du Flambeau, WI which coincidentally is being started up again this year in May.  I wonder if The Halbabies are up for it again.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 11:18:01 AM »
No Am participation?  Just Pros?

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 11:21:50 AM »
ams can qualify, it's a team format
espouse elucidation

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012, 11:32:53 AM »
Sounds to me more like the Ryder Cup that Columbia and St. Louis compete in. Pretty much the same, but they use Ryder Cup qualifying tourney's to decide who competes. I can't remember the format, but I know it's very similar to the actual Ryder Cup. ie. Head to head matches and point system. I don't remember the buy-in or stakes. I think it's all free because Dave would always make a tourney disc for everyone, and we played for braggin' rights.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2012, 11:37:12 AM »
Sounds to me more like the Ryder Cup that Columbia and St. Louis compete in. Pretty much the same, but they use Ryder Cup qualifying tourney's to decide who competes. I can't remember the format, but I know it's very similar to the actual Ryder Cup. ie. Head to head matches and point system. I don't remember the buy-in or stakes. I think it's all free because Dave would always make a tourney disc for everyone, and we played for braggin' rights.

Yeh, but that's Misery. We don't need to be doing things like a bunch of hillbillys.  ;D

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2012, 12:22:48 PM »
This is starting to sound like the Sandy Point Team Invitational in Lac du Flambeau, WI which coincidentally is being started up again this year in May.  I wonder if The Halbabies are up for it again.

mmmmmmm, Sandy Point, what a cool course!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »

mmmmmmm, Sandy Point, what a cool course!

yes, the Halbabies will be live and in living color in Sandy point!!!!

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 12:37:48 PM »
I'd like to see it with a big entry and big payout, with no charity involvement. I prolly won't participate myself if all the entry wager doesn't pay out to the winners.

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 01:09:45 PM »
sandy point is one of the coolest courses i've played tipped out.  with everything short it wasnt anything special.  there are enough mid-range holes with everything pushed back to need to move the longer holes short.  i wish they'd at least do 1/2 and 1/2 instead of all one way or the other.  sorry for the hijack
Drew D Neitzel

coops

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »
Run it the way you want it Tracy.

If you are going to put in the work to make this awesome thing happen then you, and you alone, should be choosing whether this is a charity event or for a payday. The only extent to which you should be swayed out of making this for charity is if you deem the potential loss of interest sufficient enough that you wouldn't want to run said event.

It is a really cool idea and I would hope to represent the West when it happens.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 10:02:06 AM »
i'd like to propose:
east vs west first weekend in october, all our courses should be sweet by then
qualifying at tournaments<kan-U, KCWO> - top 4 scores regardless of division played, exception - ladies
tracy - what a job figuring qualifiers at leagues!

that'sall, just trying to ball the roll going

also a sidenote on the music at WYCO is really good when it's playing at the shelter

i know the corses haven't been decided, but smithville is incredibille, and a lot of top kansas players shoot well there too, so if you wanted that for finals, the complex could handle a ton of casuals and club members, in addition to the 32 contestants. check with dan cuz i am so sure that getting a pavillion and planning would take quite a bit of time but be worth it in the long run.
espouse elucidation