Much of this has already been posted somewhere in the thread.
$25 is the "entry fee." The event will be a fund raiser. All proceeds, less cost of sponsor discs and awards, will benefit tree planting at Rosedale.
This is a KCFDC member only event. You have to be an active member. Active is not the same as current. You must play in leagues regularly, donate time to work days or help club functioning, etc. This is to deter "ringers" from being brought in.
The competition will be a one day, September 8th, 2 round event, with 1 round of doubles matches on Saturday morning at Waterworks and 1 round of singles matches on Saturday afternoon at Rosedale. The doubles matches (
will be worth 2 points each. The singles matches will be worth 1 point each. 32 points total available, 16.5 needed to claim the Championship.
Jake Bowen and Cooper Arnold have agreed to be the East and West captains respectfully. I gave them each a spot on their team.
Each team will consist of 16 players. Each team will carry 11 Open, 3 Masters(minimum) and 2 Women. Each team will be comprised of 10 players from qualifying event(s), 2 lottery winners and 3 Captains picks as outlined below.
So how does one get into this thing?
- First, pay sponsor/entry - $25? That gets you a sponsor disc and the satisfaction of knowing you'll be helping a good disc golf cause. (sponsor disc will be some sort of custom stamp/dye to be determined later)
- That allows you to attempt to qualify at one of the designated leagues in your region. 10 players total from each region make their team via qualifiers
- If you don't qualify, your name will automatically be put into the lottery. 2 players will be drawn at random for each team
- The remaining sponsor/entries will go on a list for Captains picks consideration. 3 players will be chosen by each captain to complete their rosters.
There will be two qualifiers for each side. These qualifiers will be held at leagues in your region:
For the West team:
- Rosedale league on Aug 8th (3 Open, 1 Masters and 1 Woman)
- Wyco league on Aug 24th. (4 Open, 1 Masters)
For the East team:
- Waterworks on Aug 16th (3 Open, 1 Masters and 1 Woman)
- Swope league on Aug. 28th (4 Open, 1 Masters)
If any of them happen to be rained out, we'll postpone 'til the next league at the same location. 5 spots available at each league.