Author Topic: East vs West Team Championship  (Read 16322 times)

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: East vs West Team Championship
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »
Naturally Mizzou goes and loses to spoil the day. But what a great day of disc golf. Glad we started this tradition. This is a tourney that should last. EAST SIDE!!
Agreed. Great tournament and hope it lasts! Thanks to captains as well for volunteering. Hope to play in it again
Matt perry

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2012, 08:07:13 AM »
Thanks Tracy for being the brainchild of this very cool event. Cooper and Jake Bowen for stepping up and being team Captains and a well deserved hats off to the East side for ruling the day. The real winners are KC disc golfers and our courses!!!

Glad to be apart of a seriously fun event!!!

BTW, Those Team shirts were P-I-M-P!!!!!

Nice work Kansas City Area golfers, I'm proud to call KC, home!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2012, 08:37:27 AM »
Thanks Tracy for being the brainchild of this very cool event. Cooper and Jake Bowen for stepping up and being team Captains and a well deserved hats off to the East side for ruling the day. The real winners are KC disc golfers and our courses!!!

Glad to be apart of a seriously fun event!!!

Nice work Kansas City Area golfers, I'm proud to call KC, home!!!

I got to Water Works just as the player meeting was happening, and that was a neat sight with all of you in your team jerseys. KC is the shiz!

Huge congrats to the Eastside crew, I never doubted ya for a second. ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2012, 09:13:30 AM »
West side would've fared MUCH better, if I'd have been there!  ;D  Sounds like it was a blast....giggity  8)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2012, 09:14:59 AM »

They were. I sported mine at the Blue Bird Series in support of my team. For the record Kansas took down the semi finals!
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 09, 2012, 09:22:26 AM »

EW ch2012 DSC_1277 by vividkrista, on Flickr

Bwahahahahahahahah
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2012, 09:30:36 AM »
HAHAHA!!! Damn, that looks like a HERPTYDERPTY moment, but did he can the putt? ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

tla06

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »

EW ch2012 DSC_1277 by vividkrista, on Flickr

Bwahahahahahahahah

WTF???  Somebody's gonna need a web redemption...can we get 20 seconds on the clock here :o
Wind??  What wind??

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 09, 2012, 10:34:52 AM »
I pulled a muscle in my calf on #11, this was the #11 basket...i didn't make the putt, but can barely walk today.....That being said, it ha nothing to do with the win that Loomis got from me during the roun.  I was quite happy to actually push it to #16 before ailing off the course....pride hurt, but victory evident for Team EAST SIDE.  My entire right calf lower part is on fire today....soooo it wasn't a cramp as I had thought, I am hopeful that I will be able to play in the TLC next week.  This was a lot of fun, but trying to putt with that Kansas Plate in between the legs wasn't real easy!!

;D

EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
EAST SIDE!!!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Loomis

« Reply #219 on: September 09, 2012, 01:11:51 PM »
In Jack's defense... Here is the story of his second round David vs. Goliath trial...

Hole One... He sucked that up pretty bad. I didn't. Jack's down 1 after 1. Jack says, "FUC..!!!"
Hole Two... He parks it but has to settle for the par, and I bogey... Even after 2. Jack says, "COME ON JACK!"
Hole Three... Push... Even after 3. Jack is silent after making a thirty foot putt.
Hole Four... He parks it again, I bogey... JACK IS UP 1 after 4!!! Jack is still silent.
Hole Five... He shanks his drive into the ground directly off the tee pad. It miraculously kicks up into the air and rolls half way to the hole. He misses the putt. Even again after 5. Jack says, "FUC... COME ON JACK!!"
Hole Six... We push. Even after 6. Jack says nothing.
Hole Seven... Jack's wheels come off. He throws one hard right into the trees and it sails down to Middle Earth. I park mine. Mercy killing. Jack down 1 after 7. Jack says nothing.
Hole Eight... Jack goes OB on his second shot. I park it. Jack down 2 after 8. Jack says, "FUUUUUCCC.... COME ON, GOD DAM... IT.."
Hole Nine. Push. Jack down 2 after 9. Jack medicates and says nothing.
Hole Ten. Jack parks his drive. Jack down 1 after 10. Jack says "EAST SIDE!"
Hole Eleven. While attempting to drive, Jack comes up lame. It's his calf. He can't make the drive so he rolls it on purpose. Jack down 2 after 11. Jack says, "FUC... SHI... GOD DAM... IT."
Hole Twelve. I miss my putt and we push. Jack down 2 after 12. Jack says, "Are you two or three up on me?"
Hole Thirteen. Jack salvages a bad drive and we push. Jack down 2 after 13. Jack is silent.
Hole Fourteen. Push. Jack down 2 after 14. Jack medicates.
Hole Fifteen. Jack goes back to Middle Earth, but we push after he makes a huge save. Jack down 2 after 15. Jack says "EAST SIDE" as news of more Missouri victories come in.
Hole Sixteen. Jack overshoots his upshot and misses his putt. He loses 3 and 2. Jack cannot hold it in any longer and he says a lot of bad words... Jack says, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. FUC... SHI... " Gracious, even in death, Jack's team wins despite his loss.

Jack made it very competitive, until some stranger with a lead pipe ran up and hit in the shins while he was on pad 11.

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 09, 2012, 02:33:16 PM »
In Jack's defense... Here is the story of his second round David vs. Goliath trial...

Hole One... He sucked that up pretty bad. I didn't. Jack's down 1 after 1. Jack says, "FUC..!!!"
Hole Two... He parks it but has to settle for the par, and I bogey... Even after 2. Jack says, "COME ON JACK!"
Hole Three... Push... Even after 3. Jack is silent after making a thirty foot putt.
Hole Four... He parks it again, I bogey... JACK IS UP 1 after 4!!! Jack is still silent.
Hole Five... He shanks his drive into the ground directly off the tee pad. It miraculously kicks up into the air and rolls half way to the hole. He misses the putt. Even again after 5. Jack says, "FUC... COME ON JACK!!"
Hole Six... We push. Even after 6. Jack says nothing.
Hole Seven... Jack's wheels come off. He throws one hard right into the trees and it sails down to Middle Earth. I park mine. Mercy killing. Jack down 1 after 7. Jack says nothing.
Hole Eight... Jack goes OB on his second shot. I park it. Jack down 2 after 8. Jack says, "FUUUUUCCC.... COME ON, GOD DAM... IT.."
Hole Nine. Push. Jack down 2 after 9. Jack medicates and says nothing.
Hole Ten. Jack parks his drive. Jack down 1 after 10. Jack says "EAST SIDE!"
Hole Eleven. While attempting to drive, Jack comes up lame. It's his calf. He can't make the drive so he rolls it on purpose. Jack down 2 after 11. Jack says, "FUC... SHI... GOD DAM... IT."
Hole Twelve. I miss my putt and we push. Jack down 2 after 12. Jack says, "Are you two or three up on me?"
Hole Thirteen. Jack salvages a bad drive and we push. Jack down 2 after 13. Jack is silent.
Hole Fourteen. Push. Jack down 2 after 14. Jack medicates.
Hole Fifteen. Jack goes back to Middle Earth, but we push after he makes a huge save. Jack down 2 after 15. Jack says "EAST SIDE" as news of more Missouri victories come in.
Hole Sixteen. Jack overshoots his upshot and misses his putt. He loses 3 and 2. Jack cannot hold it in any longer and he says a lot of bad words... Jack says, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. FUC... SHI... " Gracious, even in death, Jack's team wins despite his loss.

Jack made it very competitive, until some stranger with a lead pipe ran up and hit in the shins while he was on pad 11.

Love it....lol  ;D ;D
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #221 on: September 09, 2012, 03:06:41 PM »
E vs W
espouse elucidation

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #222 on: September 09, 2012, 08:51:16 PM »
Thanks once again to Tracy and Team Captains Jake (MO) and Cooper (KAN). Any which way, a win for team MO-KAN! Great pix put up by Dan :)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2012, 10:25:46 PM »
Matt perry

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 10, 2012, 09:16:35 AM »
I didn;t participate in the qualifiers because I'm considering goung to Hays. I'll decide if i'm goung to Hays by next Tuesday. If I don't go to Hays, and there are still spots on the Jayhawk roster, I'd like to particpate in the massacre.

LMAO.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555